SAU Community

Ran My Gtr @ The Creek

Marko R1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i cant believe that brett - if wsid's timing equipment was out of calibration by 1 pooftenth then u have your 10 sec pass :ermm:

anyway, my clutch will be done by the end of this week so i'll be ready to run next wed!

the last time i did my 11 i was pulled up after the run & asked for an andra licence which was required for anything under a 12sec, were u asked when u did ur run? im wondering if i can get away without this licence for the next time im out there...what are your thoughts paul & did u also get my pm?

• 2 weeks later...

i finally got out there last night & did my run - btw my new exedy twin plate clutch is awesome so i highly recommend this to anyone looking for a strong clutch...

i did my 4 runs & here are the results of my last 2 runs:

8.00pm run:

11.18ET, 1.54sec60' @ 118.75mph

unfortunately i kept it in 3rd gear across the finish line & it was literally on the limiter for what probably felt like 1sec.

this would have been my 10sec run if i shifted into 4th.

9.30pm run:

11.15ET, 1.61sec60' @ 128.65mph

this time i short shifted into 4th gear earlier than usual @ approx 7500rpm to drive the car across the finish line which gave me the better mph BUT i ruined my 60' launch as i didn't put enough heat in tyres, the car kicked out almost 45degree in my 2nd gear burnout & i couldnt bring it back so i had to let it go.

the equation i was given is every .1sec you save on a 60' time = .2sec save on ET time.

from this if i get my 60' down to 1.51sec im there, i.e. 11.15 - .2 = 10.95 (i now know how to launch & drive my car, finally...)

paul - thank you once again for allowing me to borrow your wheels & suspension, you're 1 of a kind :whistling:

i will be getting out there once again over the next few weeks to claim my 10 :D:):)

Hi Marko,

I ran a 10.95 @ 127mph with 1.607 60ft in my GTR and a bloke I know ran a 10.8 something at 125mph, So you definatly have it! :whistling: . I was running Federal tyres.

Cheers Scoop

i finally got out there last night & did my run - btw my new exedy twin plate clutch is awesome so i highly recommend this to anyone looking for a strong clutch...

i did my 4 runs & here are the results of my last 2 runs:

8.00pm run:

11.18ET, 1.54sec60' @ 118.75mph

unfortunately i kept it in 3rd gear across the finish line & it was literally on the limiter for what probably felt like 1sec.

this would have been my 10sec run if i shifted into 4th.

9.30pm run:

11.15ET, 1.61sec60' @ 128.65mph

this time i short shifted into 4th gear earlier than usual @ approx 7500rpm to drive the car across the finish line which gave me the better mph BUT i ruined my 60' launch as i didn't put enough heat in tyres, the car kicked out almost 45degree in my 2nd gear burnout & i couldnt bring it back so i had to let it go.

the equation i was given is every .1sec you save on a 60' time = .2sec save on ET time.

from this if i get my 60' down to 1.51sec im there, i.e. 11.15 - .2 = 10.95 (i now know how to launch & drive my car, finally...)

paul - thank you once again for allowing me to borrow your wheels & suspension, you're 1 of a kind :D

i will be getting out there once again over the next few weeks to claim my 10 :):):)

Hi Marko,

I ran a 10.95 @ 127mph with 1.607 60ft in my GTR and a bloke I know ran a 10.8 something at 125mph, So you definatly have it! :( . I was running Federal tyres.

Cheers Scoop

what power are you running awkw? on federals cracking a 10sec is awesome!!!

how much awkw does your mates car have?

You probably could be a little faster to half track are you slamming those gears ? :). On the 11.0 run I did a 1.605 60ft and was [email protected] to half track and 127mph through the top . So your pretty much on the limiter in 3rd right at the end ?? . I remember when I had my 32 I would have to pull 4th comfortably before the finish weird .

im conscious of my gearbox as i have broken 3rd gear in my previous gtr (that was due to changing too fast on the street) - so im not slamming my gear changes or flat changing but yes i can improve in this area which will save me time

at the end of the track i cant hold 3rd gear, i tried this in my 2nd last run & hit the limiter way before the finish line, my limiter is set @ 8500rpm. i need to get it in 4th gear to cross the line

im almost @ 129mph so i know my car will do a 10 easily - practise will get me there

• 2 weeks later...

hey,

sorry for the tard question, but what is flat changing? and for drag racing is it a good idea when gear changing to give the throttle a quick bump to keep revs constant to help syncros?

any advice would be appriciated

• 2 weeks later...