SAU Community

Nissan Skyline Gtr 34 Paint Correction One Day !

This car was done three weeks ago & compared to the GT-R35 it was a walk in the park,it had scratches, but nowhere near as bad as the GT-R35 :bunny:

One day was spent correcting the paint and this time it wasn't a black car :banana: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

Anyway here are the results enjoy !

Before

IMG_0026-2.jpg

IMG_0027-2.jpg

IMG_0029-2.jpg

IMG_0030-1.jpg

IMG_0037-2.jpg

50/50 shot

IMG_0034-2.jpg

After

IMG_0033-2.jpg

IMG_0038-2.jpg

IMG_0039-2.jpg

Oops i uploaded my van by mistake :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

IMG_0045-2.jpg

IMG_0040-2.jpg

IMG_0041-2.jpg

IMG_0042-2.jpg

IMG_0043-2.jpg

IMG_0044-2.jpg

IMG_0046-2.jpg

IMG_0047-2.jpg

Thanks for reading :D

Regards Mario :rofl:

Edited by PolishDoc

Hi Mario,

Great job! Hands sore?

Do you use clay bar at all?

Perhaps the better Q is what process did you follow?

Cheers Mate, T

:/ Terry !

Hands were sore as a matter of fact ! I did use a clay bar because paint didn't feel that smooth, i used the new Flex XC 3401 VRG DA with Lake Country Orange 6.5" Buffing Pads . The machine was used at full speed at all times ! Finished off with Wurth Paint Sealant .

Regards Mario

Hi Mario,

On all your posts/threads, you are very constructive and helpful. You are to be complimented on this !!

And I'm real glad that you supplied a pic of your van - because then I realised what you did for a living!

Stupid me when I first came across one of your posts for the first time... I thought that you might be a Dr from Poland> Er Um Lol

Looks fantastic! Ironic, I just had to do something similar to my wife's corolla. All manual handwork.. even my hands are shiny now LOL

Beautiful, Well Done Mario.

I see that this car is currently up for sale so, whats your personal opinion of the car?

Would like to hear your feedback.

PM me.

Cheers.

I have sent you a PM !

Regards Mario

Hi Mario

Looks fantastic - how much roughly for a job like this?

Also are you only based out of Vic or do you have employees in NSW, etc?

:D

I am based in Melbourne (SE Suburbs ) but i do travel even interstate !

I will be in NSW ( Sydney ) on August 31st ! I have a meeting and a job booked for that month ,going into September ! :D

Without seeing your car i can only give you an estimate from $ 400 upwards ! That's just for the paint ( Paint Correction for the removal of scratches and swirl marks and other paint defects ! These jobs normally take a whole day but there are times when they can take two days !

What colour is your car ? Is it a metallic colour or solid colour ?

So i will be in Sydney end of August ! PM if you are interested ! Or call me on my mobile 0419 881 439

Regards Mario :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Woh, $400 to buff a car...wish we got that much...

One whole day to do this job ! Sometimes two ! If i do ever come to NSW i will need a 50% deposit before i even move from Melbourne !

Regards Mario :)

was it just a one stage correction (after the prep)? ie, 1 polish product with the orange pad?

you seem to like the Wurth sealant, can't say i'm familiar with the product. Is it a glaze?

any chance of full sun shots?

Im interested

how abrasive do you go with the polish? guess it would depend on depth of the swirls/scratches etc; do u use an ultrasonic depth gauge to check thickness of the clear coat

post polish do you finish with a glaze before paint protection and what type of protection do you use; polymer or organic waxes?

My cars black and ive spent alot of time detailing but im not confident enough to use an abrasive polish and orbital polisher.