SAU Community

Bnr34 Gearbox In An Bnr32

Hi all, i have found two r34 gtr getrag gearboxes in japan one with 2000kms and the other with 5000kms. pricing looks mighty tempting. I was however wondering about the complexity of the conversion. I know it can be done as the guy at the Nissan dealer had done it to his. but my lack of japanese skills couldnt get much more info than that. what would need to be done? would it be hard to mate up? what other bits and pieces would i need? would the conversion be benificial? if so, in what areas (top speed? acceleration?) how strong is this gearbox compared to the bnr32 gearbox (1993 onwards with pull type clutch found in the bcnr33)? what would a box like this be worth in oz and what would this conversion cost? sorry for the MOUNTAIN of questions, but id really like to know! any help would be greatly appreciated!

cheers

Go+Fast+Bits&.dnm=34+getrag+a.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

Go+Fast+Bits&.dnm=34+getrag+b.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

Go+Fast+Bits&.dnm=34+getrag+c.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

dude r33 boxes are getrag boxes... what do u mean? i know that getrag boxes are tuff and can take a few hundread kw's before they die. the crap thing about em is that their synchros wear fast. id know... mine are gone in 4,5. i hear good oil fixes it though.

really!? well thats new to me. so that would mean that my 32 gearbox (93 onwards pull type clutch) would be getrag too? ive heard that the pre 93 gearboxes with the push type clutch is supposed to be almost unbreakable. the 33 gearbox (including mine) apparently have a weak third cog. once again, what are the benefits of this upgrade/downgrade?

simmo, yes they are. trust make two types the H pattern shifter, and a full sequential version. these retail for 728k yen and 1.32mill yen respectively.

sequential type

1st 2.796

2nd 1.994

3rd 1.537

4th 1.191

5th 0.198

6th 0.767

final 4.111

H pattern (helical gear)

1st 2.782

2nd 1.938

3rd 1.506

4th 1.178

5th 0.920

6th 0.777

final 4.111

im sure os make a 6 speed gear set as well. HKS have 2 versions of the 6 speed. if anyone wants the numbers (they dont mean much to me) i'll put them up.

nismofans if you are really interested, pm me and i will see what i can do.