SAU Community

Harmonic Balancers For The Rb30det

R34GTFOUR

Hey everyone,

I know this is been covered in the big thread, and i've been searching for a while now and cant find it so i was hoping someone can help me out.

With a rb30det build which harmonic balancer do you use? For example, if i wanted to use an aftermarket balancer like a ross or ati should i get one to suit my r34 rb25 or are they all pretty much the same.

I'm mainly concerned with all the ps, ac, waterpump etc belts lining up, so which harmonic balancers are interchangable.

All the rb harmonic balancers should bolt onto the rb series engines, but which ones differ for the aux belts? mainly are the rb26s belts different?

:P

If you are running RB25 power steering and ac just use a ross RB25. ATI only make one for the RB26 (different belts).

To rephrase that they only make them for the 26.

Edited by TiTAN

cheers for the replies, i was going to buy a ross rb25 balancer but a ross rb26 balancer popped up in the for sale thread at a decent price and i was wondering how different the belts were. For the sake of a couple of hundred saved and possible dramas its probably not worth it, i'll just buy one thats to suit the job