SAU Community

Drift Practice

sidewayssam

I was told anyone can have a go whether u've drifted before or not, is this true? and how much is it?

And what are the requirements?

Edited by GTR-Love

I was told anyone can have a go whether u've drifted before or not, is this true? and how much is it?

And what are the requirements?

yes anyone can drift providing they have a car and licence,

it cost $60 to drift, you will need a Cams L2NS licence i think cost about $50 maybe more and it lasts the year, also need to become a member of Wascc wich is a bit more expencive, you can get all this on the night,

for beginers they have instructors you can have in your car and they can take u to a seperate section of the track where you can learn a few techniques before you hit the big track,

skidskidskid

Edited by sidewayssam

I really want to try it but being tiptronic it involves a lot of banging off limiter, which has me kinda scared of something blowing up. lol.

Edited by Magic

yes anyone can drift providing they have a car and licence,

it cost $60 to drift, you will need a Cams L2NS licence i think cost about $50 maybe more and it lasts the year, also need to become a member of Wascc wich is a bit more expencive, you can get all this on the night,

for beginers they have instructors you can have in your car and they can take u to a seperate section of the track where you can learn a few techniques before you hit the big track,

skidskidskid

Really, well that's a little more comforting. might see if i can save enough money by then, do you just rock up or need to put your name down??

OK me and my friend are coming from Rocko/Mandurah to watch. We're getting into it and will probably need some advice. And I need a gearbox. :( Are spectators free?

wooooooop woooooooooop its today its today, been up since 6am in the mood for skidskidskid,

spectators are $5, come say hi

now i gotta get dads ss running coz he be driftn it tonight and get my tyres fitted

Edited by sidewayssam

oi slydr ill see you down there going to come and have a look and catch up with some old friends

kewl kewl

tyres all been fitted, got the ss running, had to wrap the extractors in fibreglass heat stuff coz ht leads keep melting and shorting out

Will be there, still undecided if I'll get out there and give it a go, been wanting to for a long time and this'll be last chance before I lose license, don't wanna break anything though. Can anyone confirm costs for a first timer? And what's the rules on the cars? Just no loose shit flying around? Only need long sleaves and hellmutt?

Edited by Dingus

Will be there, still undecided if I'll get out there and give it a go, been wanting to for a long time and this'll be last chance before I lose license, don't wanna break anything though. Can anyone confirm costs for a first timer? And what's the rules on the cars? Just no loose shit flying around? Only need long sleaves and hellmutt?

not sure about the costs for a first timer but it is all covered on www.driftwa.com and maybe www.wascc.com.au, You need CAMS L2NS Licence wich u can buy on the night for like $55, your first practice is free once u join Wascc,

You need a helmet that meets australian standards, long sleeve shirt and pants, enclosed shoes, no lose objects in the car

Was a good night, shame I had to leave around 7.30, I've had an irritating cough all week and was freezing my ass off. And the drive home takes so long. ;)

Slydr and the pink 32 repped the lines nicely. :laugh:

I can't wait to get out there sometime next year. I'll be practising in a 180 until I'm confident in getting the 34 out there.

Edited by Magic

hey all had an awsome night drifting, tyres only lasted me about 4-5 llaps before they was f**ked,

dad didnt have a good night, halfway through the night someone spun infront of him and he spun and the touno cover went through the back window and flew off, he smashed out the window and went back onto track, he started going pretty good but going down the straight at approx 150kph the radiator blew and when he when into cat corner it turned around on him realy quick and when into the wall, car bit f**ked, exhaust came off and bent all weird (me cable ties and heat wrap fixed it :cool: ) the drivers side from door back is pushed in and flat in the shape of the wall, havnt had a chance to check out it better but the back right off the car is slouching really low so might be a fair bit of damage, pics up soon

I went last night and it was awesome, slydr was really tearing it up :D I also loved the little corolla that was running on wires at one point along with the R31 with the awesome dose sound. I saw NA_Goodness in the carpark and a white gtst that was parked a car away from me with "hi" written in the dirt on the rear bumper :cool: All in all great night and when is the next one?