SAU Community

Factory Ecu For Rb30det

daisu

Hey,

Since the Z32 VG30DETT ECU is remappable and has support for VCT I thought it would be a good choice for running my RB25/30 hybrid.

Providing I use the same size injectors as the factory VG30, keep the compression/boost levels similar, and use the Z32 AFM the factory ecu should be able to run it without a retune?

I do plan to make a fair bit of power out of the engine, but I figure if the VG30 ecu can run it with basic mods it would save me having to get the initial tune, and the cost of an aftermarket ecu.

Then after the engine has run in, I can upgrade the injectors/afm etc and get the ECU remapped to suit.

Edited by daisu

That's pretty cool. I knew you could get them remapped but I didn't realise they were options available for real time tuning. In that case it may even be worth retaining the Z32 ecu and not worrying about going aftermarket?

depending on what head your using, use either the RB20 or RB26 loom/ecu. these are both available with nistune daughter boards (real time tuning) and will make everything straight plug in (if your using an R33 RB25 head, i THINK the RB20 loom can be modified to suit, not sure on this though)

depending on what head your using, use either the RB20 or RB26 loom/ecu. these are both available with nistune daughter boards (real time tuning) and will make everything straight plug in (if your using an R33 RB25 head, i THINK the RB20 loom can be modified to suit, not sure on this though)

Need to add the VCT wiring to the rb20/26 loom, and a dropping resistor, depending on the injectors. Other than that you just need to swap a few pins around on the ecu. I have a pdf of the changes somewhere, ill have a look

Well it's going in a cefiro, and the RB20 and 26 ECU's don't support VCT, or is that something that is fixed when the nistune daughter board is installed.

Plan was to either use an RB25 loom (to suit the head) and modify it to suit the cefiro and the Z32 ECU

Or, use the loom that's in the car at the moment (R32 RB20 loom) and modify that to suit the RB25 head, and the Z32 ECU

nistune doesnt support R33 and R34, maybe because of the VCT? are you going with bigger cams and/or adjustable gears? i've seen a few builds that had no real benefit from VCT, one even had stock cams, just adjustable wheels. dont quote me on that, do some more research. but if you can afford to lose it, would make it simpler, just use the R32 loom with RB20 ECU

Edited by VB-

I will probably upgrade the cams, from what I've read you can upgrade to 256 on the inlet camshaft and still retain VCT. Then I'll probably put adjustable gear on the exhaust side (also upgraded camshaft).

The Z32 ecu certainly seems like a good option. The aftermarket ECU I was planning on using hasn't been released yet, but it has all of the features I want for a price similar to a standard ecu with the nisstune add on.

I guess I'll leave the ECU/wiring until after the engine is ready to go in, then if the ecu I want still isn't available then I will go the Z32 + nisstune option.

Does the cefiro use the same ecu as r32 rb20? If so it wouldn't be too diificult to just make the wiring changes to suit the z32 ecu, then wire

the vct soleniod seprately.

Chucked together a quick txt file with some wiring changes it may help :blink:

Edited by Mr Jollwah