SAU Community

change shocks or springs first?

Hey guys,

I've been advised to change my suspension setup due to power increases...so i need to know which one would be better to change first, the shocks or the springs on my car. Of course i'll do both in time, but if i had to choose 1 first, which would it be?

Also, if anyone could give me an idea of what they use or have used, n how much it all cost them, that would be great. I'm just looking for good street suspension, able to handle about 220rwkw if i went to the drag strip.

I'd change the shocks first, but it would depend on what you already have in there and in what condition. If they are gas shocks and still fairly new, then go for some lower springs.

A set of Bilsteins or Konis should be around $1000. Four springs should be around $300.

me three! shocks first, but get some firm ones incase you get stronger springs later.

just one warning though, firmer shocks and springs will *increase* your drag times, they only improve real handling :). With softer or stock suspension when dragging, more weight shifts to back wheels on launch giving better traction.