SAU Community

Going To Winton Tomorrow What Are The Usual Lap Times?

dmac_25

Yeh, my only Winton time is from last years Dutton, so two laps and i was held up by the F430 Ferrari on my hto lap. He was doing 1:47s so hurt me to the tune of at least 1.8-2.4 seconds as i caught him through the long left hand sweeper and couldnt get past him until the tight right hander onto the back straight away where the timing beacon was :(

http://www.duttonrally.com/results/2007/vi...nt16_Driver.pdf

I think any R32/S13/14/15 platform with 220-240rwkws and tidy suspension and tyres would be in the hunt for that time. Dutton last year has got me thinking that a low 1:35 is possible in my car with some laps.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roy I was just checking your Winton time coz I really didn't think a 1:36 from an S13 with a bit of kit and a good run with traffic was really that big of a deal?

It's not really something major, but it's probably the quickest s13 I've seen around Winton. No doubt it would be doable with my old setup with some more track time there, but there's not too many 'quick' s13's kicking around the track days in Vic :)

Fark I haven't been to Winton for aaaaaaaages.

Might have to make an effort and get out there.

And don't worry about changing the leaderboard Roy, I reckon it looks quite good.... :sick:

i agree, 36 is not a special time, it is just rare to see an s13 doing them. you think you know most the track cars kicking round but then you get a surprise. if i had 230+ i would be mighty pissed if i couldnt get a 36 with the amount of laps i have done there.

That silver 180 is Promax Auto's car. The drivers name is Alan and it has around 230rwkw. Hes been there a heap of times now but good effort getting it into the 36's, he really does push it hard though

i agree, 36 is not a special time, it is just rare to see an s13 doing them. you think you know most the track cars kicking round but then you get a surprise. if i had 230+ i would be mighty pissed if i couldnt get a 36 with the amount of laps i have done there.

I have done more laps there in the Lotus then i have my own car :(

• 2 weeks later...
Belsil80, the 180sx is my brother and the evo6 was me, however i blow up my engine at session 2.....:laugh:

oh...and... phunky_monkey, my brother just told me the engine he is using now is the one he bought it off you sometime last year...... small world...and all he did is a GT2871R, power fc, 550cc injectors and a boost controller. no internal mods to the engine yet. He is very happy with the condition of the engine is in and he can't wait to go to a track day with you when your car is done... cheers

Very small work indeed! I'm also the guy who came ot look at the tyres if you remember...

Glad to hear the engine is still going strong. I probably should have kept it, then I'd be racing right now! That was a great engine, never gave me any grief. Hopefully we can go for a run out there together soon :)

Dane

oh...and... phunky_monkey, my brother just told me the engine he is using now is the one he bought it off you sometime last year...... small world...and all he did is a GT2871R, power fc, 550cc injectors and a boost controller. no internal mods to the engine yet. He is very happy with the condition of the engine is in and he can't wait to go to a track day with you when your car is done... cheers

We were running 1.6 bar and 240 rwkw for quite a few years with that engine... built Nissan Tough!

Going to Winton just wana know a decent lap time around there im using my GTS4 has got a fair few mods just wana know an idea of what you guys run.

Cheers David

Went to Winton Saturday two weeks ago

Damp track and traffic

Bog standard Chrysler 300C as it left the showroom 18 month and 20,000ks ago

most laps 1:44.0 - 1:44.4 one clear one at 1:43.4

OK for 1940 kgs of 4 door limo