SAU Community

Ebay Short Shifter, Don't Buy These:

Greetings,

After recently purchasing a short shifter for my R33 GTR off ebay, I'd strongly advise not to waste your money.

I thought to myself how hard could it be to make a copy of a short shifter thats not lacking in quality compared to a legit brand. Apparently Hard.

I purchased it off "nottieboy" in a auction like the following:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SHORT-SHIFTER-NISSA...1QQcmdZViewItem

I stated to the buyer the application I required it for (R33 GTR). The actual shiftr I received didn't 100% match the picture on the auction. The shifter didn't fit properly, and even after modifying the bottom bush to fit, it was a rather loose fit, it did not fit my standard gear knob, and although the whole point of the product is to make the actual shift smaller (Which it did) the actual stick was that long (high) it was like driving a bus. Also the instructions that came with it were completely wrong and luckily had a link to the DIY section on here for fitting a C's short shifter.

I seeked assistance of the seller "nottieboy" and he consistantly palmed it off saying that I didnt know what I was doing and that it was my problem, and referred me to other buyers of his to get assistance.

Anyways just a heads up for other prospective buyers.

Ciao.

I think my mate got one of the same guy last week he brought one of ebay for a R33 GTS-T and it was'nt even shorta so he didnt try and put it in, But now i think he haveing trouble sending it back.

Yep they arn't shorter that was my experience, so I didn't bother, at least I got if for only $20, so it too bad, I'll sell it off to someone I guess... obviously not an SAUer...

no doubt this ebay shifter is crap as stated. most ebay knock-offs are.

but i have a question. is a short shifter supposed to be shorter in the shaft height? or is it's only purpose to shorten the throw between gears? or both?

well I thought that the gearbox is not changing the gear stick is so unless I'm missing something I assumed that it would just be shorter, please someone enlighten me.

There arn't any new moving parts added with the replacement stick so I don't see how it would change the throw without just being shorter.

i was under the impression that by using a specific bend in the lower part of the shaft, the throw is shortened.

but i dont know, thats why i asked.

if it doesnt shorten the throw, then whats the point !!!! :sick:

short shifter is supposed to shorten the throw distance between gears by changing the pivot point i think so you could have the height of the shifter the same as the stock as was my case but the throw is substantially shorter. i guess i was lucky when i got my C's copy. the copy shifters also transfer more noise to the cabin cause theyre solid and not insulated.

im so glad i didnt buy 1, i was looking at them for ages and then decided to go with a nismo one from japan, i thought at least nismo will do it right, and the nismo 1's even come with the proper boot to stop oil getting out, and at $200 delivered, and knowing it will be a good product i would happily buy another 1,

JV

i bought one, and went through EVERYTHING you did, exactly same buyer, referred to other buyers about the product, doesnt fit, bush is too small (r32 gtr), lots of loose play, and last week... the bottom fell out, and im sure i tighted it right, thats why i bought a tomei short shifter, ebay = fail

Another ebay thread... and again i have to ask.. honestly, what did you expect for $40?

Something that was perfect and working?

Come on guys, be realistic. $40 isnt going to buy you anything more than a headache when a known branded one retails for what, $250?

Until people stop trying to cut corners and save $200 here, $150 there, these kinds of things will forever continue to happen.

I cant even think of the last time i had an issue with a part... but then, i dont shop on ebay buying imitation parts

Greetings,

After recently purchasing a short shifter for my R33 GTR off ebay, I'd strongly advise not to waste your money.

I thought to myself how hard could it be to make a copy of a short shifter thats not lacking in quality compared to a legit brand. Apparently Hard.

I purchased it off "nottieboy" in a auction like the following:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SHORT-SHIFTER-NISSA...1QQcmdZViewItem

I stated to the buyer the application I required it for (R33 GTR). The actual shiftr I received didn't 100% match the picture on the auction. The shifter didn't fit properly, and even after modifying the bottom bush to fit, it was a rather loose fit, it did not fit my standard gear knob, and although the whole point of the product is to make the actual shift smaller (Which it did) the actual stick was that long (high) it was like driving a bus. Also the instructions that came with it were completely wrong and luckily had a link to the DIY section on here for fitting a C's short shifter.

I seeked assistance of the seller "nottieboy" and he consistantly palmed it off saying that I didnt know what I was doing and that it was my problem, and referred me to other buyers of his to get assistance.

Anyways just a heads up for other prospective buyers.

Ciao.

The same goes for the rest of ebay stuff. On ebay buy only real brand items. No-name knock-offs either wont work or can even cause damage to your car.

In regards to the copy shifters being solid and transmitting noise into the cabin. Even a genuine C's shifter is solid and transmits noise.

Ebay is fine if you only buy known brands from reputable sellers. I got a TiAl gate and 044 pump off ebay, haven't run the gate yet but it's definately a legit TiAl item and the 044 has been in my car for over 6 months with no problems.

i bought one.. for my 32gtst.. works fine.. no installation hassles.. shifts fine.. was a bit noisy.. but made a rubber gasket so to speak.. im not sure who i got it off on ebay.. and it was alot more expensive.. but definately wasnt a known brand item. i love it, and so does everybody else who drives my car.

Had the exact same thing with nottieboy, also palmed me off i reported him to ebay as they are not For gtrs and he is a tard. They are only meant for rb20s silivais, the smaller boxes as these have the smaller bush and are a tad longer,

im a gearbox builder of 6 years and he told me i had no idea to ,

lol hes just another scammer, that doesnt actually know what his products fit,

Had the exact same thing with nottieboy, also palmed me off i reported him to ebay as they are not For gtrs and he is a tard. They are only meant for rb20s silivais, the smaller boxes as these have the smaller bush and are a tad longer,

im a gearbox builder of 6 years and he told me i had no idea to ,

lol hes just another scammer, that doesnt actually know what his products fit,

bingo! it cannot suit all of the applications he has stated. From some of the above posts it seems it is an rb20/sr20 box style shifter which is not compatible with rb25 and 26 boxes

he is a scammer. report him to ebay and hopefully if there are enough reports he gets proper f**ked.

alot of ebayers send the wrong gear to suit the correct application.

quite some time ago i got one to suit my 33 GTS-T, they sent me one for an S13. i then returned it (my own money), got in contact with them and they sent me out one for a civic!. once again contacted the seller, they asked me to return it as i did the S13 shifter. i let him know i was i need of it in a hurry so they would send it to me before the got there civic shifter returned to them.

in the end i got what i was after, and i held onto the civic shifter as i did not recieve a refund on the return postage of the S13 shifter.

the design of the shifter was a copy of the nismo shifter, the construction of the shifter seemed sturdy but only use of it will determine how good the quality is especially the bushes etc....

Another ebay thread... and again i have to ask.. honestly, what did you expect for $40?

Something that was perfect and working?

Come on guys, be realistic. $40 isnt going to buy you anything more than a headache when a known branded one retails for what, $250?

Until people stop trying to cut corners and save $200 here, $150 there, these kinds of things will forever continue to happen.

I cant even think of the last time i had an issue with a part... but then, i dont shop on ebay buying imitation parts

Unfortunately it was more than $40! Im not one to buy cheap shit, but I thought a shifter would be a hard thing to f**k up, but as the posts above say, I guess its not suited to a GTR as some people have no problems with the cheap ones.

I rkn just the fact you shop on ebay for parts for your GTR is pretty bad itself.

You should be ashamed putting ebay parts in your GTR...unless they are genuine japshit as previously stated...!

If items are less than half price theres usually a good reason :down: but cheers for warning us fellow SAUers.

I rkn just the fact you shop on ebay for parts for your GTR is pretty bad itself.

You should be ashamed putting ebay parts in your GTR...unless they are genuine japshit as previously stated...!

If items are less than half price theres usually a good reason :cool: but cheers for warning us fellow SAUers.

As I said, I don't usually settle for cheap shit but I wouldn't have thought it would be hard to f**k up. I don't think the item should have ever been sold to suit a GTR. Either way the guys a flamin mongrel, don't buy off him :P