SAU Community

Defected Again...... And A $493 Fine!!!!

MADGT4

Yeah cos its a country area i'm worried if i make a complaint that i will get arse fuct, and they will hammer me everytime they see me.

Just sucks, well i can't wait till i move to adelaide at the end of the year.... Alot less chance of me gettin picked on and done up there plus me gonna b changin me plates hehe.

About the height i think i may put it up to or a smidge below standard ay........

Or i think i may just sell my car and get a GTi-R cos i'm sick of this shit ay!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MADGT4

Yeah cos its a country area i'm worried if i make a complaint that i will get arse fuct, and they will hammer me everytime they see me.

I understand, but if you make sure that you keep record of all instances that you have contact and what was said (I know this sounds a bit over the top, but carry a tape recorder, or even better a video camera:D) and if they step out of line go directly to their supervisor. I think the days where coppers can get away with shit are dwindling - they have to be fully accountable for their actions, no more coverups especially if you have evidence.

It is a tough choice, but personally I wouldnt put up with crap on principle. No reason if you arent doing anything wrong that you should be getting hasselled.

Hippy, legal lowering height is 350mm from middle of wheel hub to the top of the guard, also no part of the car should be lower than 100mm with (cant rember how many) metres of the axles(applies to larger vehicles) - but it basically means you cant get lower than 100mm. And the car must sit on the rims if the tyre deflates;) Thats from memory anyways.

Dont worry about the dump hippy, its sitting waiting for you:)

I've been lucky so far - have never been pulled over!! Fingers crossed, but I guess it'll happen one day ;)

My b/f's bro got pulled over and defected in a stock N13 pulsar the other night for being too low. The cop's parting comment was " You're just lucky you don't have an import mate" - now whats with that?! :confused:

Did they put all 3 defects on the 1 defect slip? If so then you only need to pay 1 fine (atleast in nsw).

If they wrote 3 different defect slips for each fault then you'll be up for 3x the $$$

Also how did they come to the conclusion that your exhaust was "too loud" ? Did they test your exhaust with a small device standing behind your exhaust as you hold the revs at 3000rpm? If they just pulled you over and said "your exhaust sounds too loud here's a defect" report them to the local cop shop.

The reason they knew it was too low, too loud blah blah is cause when i passed my defect i put everything back on there and he goes to me "we know you put everything back on the after u passed"

"your just mocking the system" he recons which is why i copped the fine.

mechanically my car is A1 but no all the ****in bush bunnie fuct up shit boxes are allowed 2 drive round here and stuff but i can't drive my car round!

Plus when i tell ppl that my car had been defected again they say "why its allways so neat and looked after"

my reply?

"Revenue Raising Traffic Nazi's With Nothing Else Better To Do"

Originally posted by CheekyR32

What about when its chick cops (with bigger balls than most of you boys) that pull you over???  

Then your powers are void...

Actually, when the chick coppers have a big set of hairy dusters, your powers are just as relevant as ever, if not more :)

my friend got his 180 defected .. just for a bov ... went to regency ... they then gave him half a page of stuff to fix ... double defected ... now he's probably going to have to spend maybe 500-1k just to pass ... they just out to screw u over ... whoever died from a bov anyway?

Hippy some bov are pretty big, perhaps you could hit someone with it hard enough you could kill them.

Beside that, they are very useful.

You could use them for pest control - throw them at rats and larger ****roaches, mormons etc.

You could put it on the coffee table, after a good cleanup, and use it as a conversation peice. Be very handy if you had unwelcome visitors.

You could even use it to chock your wheels if you have to change a flat, but it would be better to use a brick.

It would also make a good paper weight.

Perhaps you could even use it to stop air reverting through the compressor of a turbo and causing damage. Nah sorry, just being plain silly now.

By the way, anybody want to buy a bov? I have a spare one - shiney and red....hmmm.

Just had another thought, you could tie it around the neck of any kittens or little puppies (no good for big puppies) that need to be drowned.....pure bloody genius.

Throw it at footballs when they get suck up in trees....

OK, I'll stop now.