SAU Community

Stagea - Convert Me Fellers

Neesmo31

Hey guys,

Having just lost my licence for a long time i wanna come back to a less inconspicuous car thats not going to get me pulled over everywhere i go.

My previous rides are R31 skyline NA, bombed R31 Skyline and im driving a DC2R Integra Type R.

I love the stags and it seems a bit more practical then my integra.

Dont get me wrong i love the integra as it is great on fuel, handles like a slot car and is very very quick.

Basically just asking you stag owners what you like about the stageas and if there are any inherent problems to look out for? I know it wont be a quick as the teggas but i need to slow down anyway.

Thanks guys - PS Integra Type R for sale! lol

Buy one!!!

Need I say more?

+1 for that, ive gone from a 13b powered s13 silvia, to a 99 rs four s stagea, and i LOVE it!

Most awesome and practical car ever, even more than i thought it would be or what i would

need it to be. So smooth and enjoyable to drive, and (so far) havent been hassled by the cops.

Also its fun when you're at the lights and every car turning past you is snapping their neck looking

trying to figure out WTF im driving!

If you want more info man checkout the "Stagea Buyers Guide" here that Nick and some others

put together.

Hey guys,

Having just lost my licence for a long time i wanna come back to a less inconspicuous car thats not going to get me pulled over everywhere i go.

My previous rides are R31 skyline NA, bombed R31 Skyline and im driving a DC2R Integra Type R.

I love the stags and it seems a bit more practical then my integra.

Dont get me wrong i love the integra as it is great on fuel, handles like a slot car and is very very quick.

Basically just asking you stag owners what you like about the stageas and if there are any inherent problems to look out for? I know it wont be a quick as the teggas but i need to slow down anyway.

Thanks guys - PS Integra Type R for sale! lol

I just took a look, stock they pull out about 170 or 120 atw. With some mild porting and better breathing they get to about 160-170 atw.

i wouldnt say that that is "very very" quick..but horses for courses i guess.

But yeah stags are great, they got lots of power, and i still can whip boyracers when i wanna and i love being able to cart the amount i can in there.Lotsa room.

My stag might be on the market soon if your interested..miss manual too much ( tiptronic stag) so thinking of getting the autech version but as a manual.

Thanks guys - well im loosing it in a month, possibly for 8-9 months, so i wanna sell my honda asap and if i find the right stagea then ill take it and leave it in the garage till im ready - also i bought a downhill mountain racing bike and it doesnt fit into the tegra (surprise surprise) so if i get serious about it then i can always throw the bike in the back.

Thanks again guys.

Ask yourself one question before buying a Stagea: Can I afford the fuel bills.

They aren't cheap but everything else makes up for it. :P

Neesmo: Do you know what model you're chasing yet? The earlier C34's are coming down in price faster than a freight train coming down a hill with no brakes, cheapest local example i've seen is a scrape under $9k, I think it was an S2.

The M35's are still between $20k and $30k but again they're coming down in price.

Food for thought. :woot:

Edit:

I should clarify on models with picture examples....

C34 Series I:

IMG_2288.jpg

C34 Series II:

l_2f9e0ca89abb2dd64566e54bee4f4db0.jpg

M35:

s_stagea_m35.jpg

I have had a 260RS for 3 months. Apart from the obvious advantages of RB26DETT and GTR drivetrain, I've been very impressed by the overall build quality of the car. The interior has not rattles and is still like new after 10 years! The ride quality is excellent and the handling is damn good for a wagon. Actually, I think it handles better than my old GTI-R.

Yeah, it gets lots of looks with people saying "WTF is that". The other day I was at the lights and a tradey in his ute pulled up next to me. My wife noticed he was looking at the front wheel and then his passenger leans forward and looks. Must be the brembos...tehy coudln't figure out who would put brembos on a wagon :woot: Hahaha.

Oh yeah, if you want to keep your license, I wouldn't recommend a 260RS :P

Um i really like the series 1 nose, but the series 2 with the neo is a nice option. I dont want the 260 autech because i hate 26's but dont mind the 25's. I will be looking to spend 15 to 20 on my next car.

The thing i did like about the integra is that it is great on fuel, and it never broke down. Just turn the key and go. I guess im sick of working on cars when i had the 31's and owning the integra was a nice change.

I have to slow down and i just wanna a nice cruiser thats reliable. I also will be putting in a full system with tv's and a playstation. Just so when i take the guys and chickies for a drive that will keep them entertained.

Im just not a big fan of the 26's. I dont want to get into a debate on 25 vs 26. If toyota bought out a wagon that looked like a stagea and had a 1j or 2j ide be getting that. But they dont so i gotta go nissan again. Ive seen 25's take alot of punishment which is a feat in its own. Ill be running stock boost and dont want too many mods, mainly an autech bodykit and nice wheels.

my stagea is great ! no rattles, groans or squeaks

keeps up with any car in the traffic light gran`prix

(tuning again today!)

fuel bill is no different to an aussie V8 (had a VR bt1 to compare it with) if properly tuned, by that I mean piggybacks and ecu chip mod (S1, from sau member Toshi)

S1 rb25 is my choice, auto awd is perfect for the road

(bare in mind my S1 is fully mod'd, 18k car 3yrs ago plus 14k mods)

you can pick up S1 from 9k to 12k for a decent one, for 15k itd have to be realy nice. I doubt Id even get 16k for mine even with the huge list of modified parts

my stagea is great ! no rattles, groans or squeaks

keeps up with any car in the traffic light gran`prix

(tuning again today!)

fuel bill is no different to an aussie V8 (had a VR bt1 to compare it with) if properly tuned, by that I mean piggybacks and ecu chip mod (S1, from sau member Toshi)

S1 rb25 is my choice, auto awd is perfect for the road

(bare in mind my S1 is fully mod'd, 18k car 3yrs ago plus 14k mods)

you can pick up S1 from 9k to 12k for a decent one, for 15k itd have to be realy nice. I doubt Id even get 16k for mine even with the huge list of modified parts

I seem to get pretty good fuel economy from my s2 manual compared to the autos.

Edited by momo