SAU Community

Engine Rebuild - Questions...

GTRKat

Ha ha, yep thats why I paid more. Too get my build finished this decade.

Spool rods did have an issue a few years back with rod bolts stretching, but that has been fixed as they include genuine ARP bolts now.

Eagle and others seem to be cheaper now too.

Edited by GTRsean

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The way the N1 pump is designed doesn't always fit the way people use them. the drive gear in the pump is made tougher but the process makes it more brittle bouncing the engine off the rev limiter/launch control rev limiting acts like the hammer action on a drill and the gear cracks and falls apart.

The way the N1 pump is designed doesn't always fit the way people use them. the drive gear in the pump is made tougher but the process makes it more brittle bouncing the engine off the rev limiter/launch control rev limiting acts like the hammer action on a drill and the gear cracks and falls apart.

Yeah that's exactly what I've seen somewhere else. Was either another SAU thread or on the GTR UK site. I was all sold on the Tomei pump then had someone tell me that the JUN one was better. But Ed from Autotech said that the JUN one wasn't good. So hard when a lot of this is so opinion based.

So at the moment I'm thinking the Tomei oil pump.

Guys that have done this all before me, can you please let me know wht brands you have used for....

Cams

Pistons

Conrods

Injectors

Oil Pump

I have some ideas now and wanna hear what everyone else is using :D

Cheers.

Cams: Stockers for last build, now 272's

Pistons: CP's in 86.5

Conrods: Spool

Injectors: SARD 740cc played with ones

Oil Pump: JUN, now dry sump

nah tis all ok with me im only after getting back to normal engine ability, im going to do gaskets, rings, pistons, rods, bearings, and then machine it etc and put back in. only wanna use stock power levels or boosting to 10/12 psi etc. plan is to sell after i turn 21 and go back to just using my wagon for a while and save for a 34 gtr v spec hehehehehe

Does anyone know of anyone besides Pro Engines for their engine/head work?? Keen to hear of other places and people's experiences! :D

Getting the respray quoted tomorrow and about to start ordering some more parts. Funtime is not too far away!!

Yep, going to get it on a truck and send it over. Easy to do the engine bay since its already out. They'll also be doing my coilpack cover and cam covers etc.

Keep ya posted! I'm also staying white, not changing colour.

Send it up Kat...our head work is top shelf PM Jz R33 as we just did an engine for him that he picked up on Saturday.

Our engines have a proven track record taking out several Autosalon power championships and powering our R32 drag car to win the Australian title in 2004-2005. We have just built our current engine in our race car to push over the 1000hp mark and into the 8 sec bracket.

Im doing a couple of engines for ACT customers actually...you may know some of them.

Edited by DiRTgarage