SAU Community

Removing the cold start plumbing ???

I think I speak for everyone when I say that the plumbing in the intercooler piping just before the throttle body looks ugly and the entire engine bay would look much better if it were gone....

Can I do this?

Exactly what will happen if it is disconected and removed etc. Will the car just not start when cold or will it run like crap till it heats up? I am getting new piping made soon and if I can leave it off I will.

Thanks in advance.. :?:

if you are talking about the air bypass piping - then your car will not run without it. from what i know - the throttle butterfly should completly seal the intake on idle, it then hands control over to the AAC (auxillary air control) valve to regulate the idle by controlling the amount of air that bypasses the throttle body. So if you disconnect it and block it off, the engine would not get any air on idle and conk out. You could perhaps adjust the butterfly to be slightly open on idle but id imagiee it wouldnt be too happy to run like that. if your only reason for doing it is to make th engine bay look better then i wouldnt bother personally. - the only thing id bother to remove at that end is the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) which pumps exhaust into your intake to warm the car up quicker.