SAU Community

R34 Neo Rb20de Turbo Conversion

0t1

yeah wasn't sure they made a neorb20..anyhow to turbo an n/a engine, it is all in the naturally aspirated section (n/a) or search for my thread under green n/a r33, cheers hame

Thanks guys, I am after the critical details such as ECU tunability? and I want to keep the NEO active if possible, any other info appreciated

Simple, fit turbo(i would consider an r33 exhaust housing to bring it on a little sooner), fit some rb25det NEO injectors(ive got a set if you are interested) and take it to DR DRIFT, get him to remap the stock ecu to suit the turbo/injectors.

• 2 months later...

i just wanted to bump this up as its kind of interesting i thought, not looking to do it, just out of interest. there is a slight bit more torque, and with the NEO head no doubt it comes on earlier, but mostly it produces the same power with lower compression ratio (9.5 compared to the 10.2 for the R32 RB20, and 8.5 for the DET) so as far as chucking a turbo on it, it sounds like it could work well.

anyone have any more input?

Thanks guys, I am after the critical details such as ECU tunability? and I want to keep the NEO active if possible, any other info appreciated

i dont see a problem with it, if anything with its CR if it is 9.5:1, then it would be more boost friendly than the normaly turbo bolt ons.

THere isnt anything "active" with the neo side of things, neo is just the style of the head, it has vct but that works the exact same way as in the r33's so no worries there (and you wont need to touch anthing to do with the vct).

where are you from, i didnt think you could comply a r34 with a rb20?

dont blame you for wanting to turbo it though, i've got a rb25de neo in my r34... f*k me its slow as shit haha

Edited by R34GTFOUR