SAU Community

Running In New Motor For Track Only Car..

FC3S 13BT

yeah, to be honest I think I could only fit in the RZ as it has the recaros. they are fixed back and mounted very close to the floor, and they have special rails that allow the seat to pivot up or down on the rear mount too. with stock FD seats I'd not be so comfortable. sunroof would be a killer too. but I don't really suffer for head room, it's just the cabin space around the legs. actually if I swapped the wheel for a smaller one with a 60mm spacer (to bring it closer and give more knee clearance) or so this car would feel perfect.

well come have a drive next time you are in sydney. :P

I know you are bit taller than me (i'm 6'2") but you may be ok. since it doesn't ahve rear seats too the front seats can slid a looong way back. I went for a decent blast before and I have to say it feels pretty fast. surprisingly torquey down low too.

yep, I do love a good wankel. :P

Yea nothing like a good NSU. Nice set of wheels you bought Baron,,,Me,,,I'm Horsley man.

With the limiited experience I've had with the odd rotor,,,Nothing less than 1000 kays on the track or dyno will do.

Forget the early posts,,,90% of the running in is not done in the 1st 15 minutes on any motor thats going to see lots of race use. The last 200 Kays are the make or break of a great engine. Be nice to it at the beginning,,,nothing more than 4500 and just gradually move up through the rev range. Rotors love to rev but have crap touque so you shouldn't load it up to much. Labouring the engine is not good,,,let it free rev,,,even using a lower gear than you would normally use. It's frustrating but it's all for a good cause.

I miss my old Sports Sedan sometimes.

Neil.

Haha at comments :)

I'm lovin those recaros! I have to get me some.. oneday.. :)

Good bit of info there Neil I will take what you have said onboard! I will post up my final dyno runs when the time comes.

Cheers

Liam. :)

Love to see your dyno results when there done.

My last race car was a 73 Ford Capri sports sedan. Lovely car but it was high mantainance. It weighed about 800 kilo's so it was a lot of fun. I always wished I had big bucks to buy new housing etc but always ended up using 2nd hand stuff with new factory rotors.

From memory my early 13bpp on 51mm weber made 178kw's at the wheels,,,the next one with some improvements made about 190kw's and the last one on injection and wolf3d made 232kw's.

Neil.

Love to see your dyno results when there done.

My last race car was a 73 Ford Capri sports sedan. Lovely car but it was high mantainance. It weighed about 800 kilo's so it was a lot of fun. I always wished I had big bucks to buy new housing etc but always ended up using 2nd hand stuff with new factory rotors.

From memory my early 13bpp on 51mm weber made 178kw's at the wheels,,,the next one with some improvements made about 190kw's and the last one on injection and wolf3d made 232kw's.

Neil.

Nice work Neil! :) do you have any pictures? 800kg's! bloody oath it would have been fun!

I hopefully would like to attend the next series of Superlap but being in melbourne it would be a costly excersise haha does anyone know if they will be running that event in 2009?

Cheers

Liam.

well my 7 is going good. motor feels nice and free now and not blowing any smoke at all, or using any oil or coolant. it's amazingly torquey. which was a real shock to me. even just putting around shifting at 4,000rpm it was still nice to drive but it really does want to rev. :banana:

Sweet FD mate, really like the RZ's. Would love to try one on the circuit instead of the GT-R one day!

I have a Series 6 motor in my Datto with a GT35/40, awesome to drive, wish it handled and braked so that I could take it for a few laps haha

Cheers mate I just sent the email. :O

well my 7 is going good. motor feels nice and free now and not blowing any smoke at all, or using any oil or coolant. it's amazingly torquey. which was a real shock to me. even just putting around shifting at 4,000rpm it was still nice to drive but it really does want to rev. :yes:
Sweet FD mate, really like the RZ's. Would love to try one on the circuit instead of the GT-R one day!

I have a Series 6 motor in my Datto with a GT35/40, awesome to drive, wish it handled and braked so that I could take it for a few laps haha

Good to hear Richard once she's run in youll have to give it a nice squirt! dont forget the vids ! ;)

What oil are you guys running Ive been using Penrite HPR40 with NGK B9EGV'S