SAU Community

No more living in a Holden Cult!!

Nizmo

Bit of shocking news!! As everyone that knows me knows that my folks are devout HSV lovers n owners ..... and i live in a shrine to Holdens ..... and in my house Holden is the law and i keep my pieces of "jap-crap" parked around the side where the neighbours cant see.

Well its almost trade-in time on HIS HSV & HER HSV and guess what ...... the next two arent going to be HSV's ..... ahhh finally!!

So my mums asked for my opinion on her next car .... she's suggested the Audi TT :) but I think 350Z or new 200sx......

As for my dad who secretly loves my car ..... finally i may be able to persuade him to get that R34 GTR :D Then again the amount of dents and scratches they have put in their HSV's (in the same week my mum did $5000 worth of damage to the rear of her car and dad did $2000 worth to the front) I dont think i could watch decent cars be put through that kinda torture.

Anyway they've asked for my opinion on what to buy ..... so if you guys had up to $70,000 to buy a car with what would you buy and why?

Black is a great colour, but the upkeep is pretty high. Unless you are going to wash it at least every second weekend and give it a good polish once a month, they look crap. Seeing as its getting too hard to import I'd have to say go with the local stuff. 350z sounds good to me, just need the veilside flarred body kit and some 19x10 wheels on it :) Has anyone driven one yet, I'd like to hear what they go like.

i cant believe they are giving up the Holdens .... its like a dream come true ... nah they were just so "into" them that i gave up ;)

RX8 didnt think of that :) good idea ......cant wait to go car shopping

Cos dad was walking around my car one day going "i really like your car lauren ... you know i really like your car" and i go to him "why dont you get yourself an R34 then?" (pondering) "Nah ...been preaching for Holden too long"

So Dan_the_Man going to have my mum tailgate and harass you on the road in something else now ;)

yeah i would love a black 350Z with kit .... just a matter of talking mum into it! shouldnt be too hard once she's seen one :)

It has to be preferably brand new car ....so there rules out GTR i guess .... its just that the business owns the cars and they get changed over every 3 years ...blah blah blah ;)

The RX8 is a pretend sports car,

My mate imports the Series 8 RX7's , the RX7 won the bathurst 12hr 4 times in a row, it's a real nice car to drive.

In fact there is a 2001 Bathurst edition Series 8 , with only 740kms on it for a bit under $80k.

haha Rev - all they need is a pretend sports car trust me ...... they actually really need granny mobiles but they are posers and like to brag about the power they could use if they chose to use it :O