SAU Community

Do Commodore plugs fit into GTS-t?

JimX

I have a set of NGK Iridium plugs left over from my previous car, a VS Commodore 5.0L V8. I was going to see if they would fit in my Skyline, but then I realised that even if they had the correct thread they still might not work properly.

Does anyone know if they will fit and operate properly?

JimX.

Guest Stocker

You have to check to make sure the thread is correct, that the plug reach(depth from the flange to the electrode) is the same, and that the heat range is correct. Plugs that are too hot can and probably will cause preigintion. Plugs tht are too cold may foul.

If all these are O.K, go for it!

Regards, Andrew.

Ah, thanks! Is there any way of looking up what the heat range of my plugs is based on the number on it? What heat range should it be? I've got a T04 turbo running at 10psi, not sure if this makes any difference to what heat range I should be using.

JimX.

Guest Stocker

No easy way. You'll have to find what the factory recommends or what other people use, then cross reference them in a sparkplug catalogue. You may find a plug manufacturer on the net that has catalogues.

Failing that, go to a good spare parts place when it's quiet, and just ask them to look it up.

regards, Andrew.