SAU Community

Pics From Time Attack Day Skyline 1st And 1st

ax53b70p25

Well here's the over all top 5 and I can't see a RWD skyline in the listbut i can see 3 EVO's. I guess he means that the EVO's couldn't touch him in the RWD class :)

Top 5 Shoot Out:

1st - George Spartalis (R34 GTR) 1:29.25

2nd - Simon Lake (EVO 6) 1:30.24

3rd - Matt Dreckow (CE MIRAGE) 1:30.28

4th - Chris Saunders (EVO 9) 1:31.03

5th - Tristan Catford (EVO 9) 1:31.84

Edited by D_Stirls

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, because I heard a Front wheel drive Mirage set a better time than all the RWD class, oh and it also was holding the fastest time over all until the last session.

meaning skyline dominated you peanut and i meant US not me! you dont have to be such a smart arse about it and as far as the mirage goes more chicks drive mirages than skylines. so take your opinions and bad attitute and go elsewhere.

meaning skyline dominated you peanut and i meant US not me! you dont have to be such a smart arse about it and as far as the mirage goes more chicks drive mirages than skylines. so take your opinions and bad attitute and go elsewhere. when you get a real car then speak up.

Edited by ax53b70p25

meaning skyline dominated you peanut and i meant US not me! you dont have to be such a smart arse about it and as far as the mirage goes more chicks drive mirages than skylines. so take your opinions and bad attitute and go elsewhere. when you get a real car then speak up.

so that means a chicks car dominated :) a growing number of chicks are now driving 33s too!

So your taking credit from someone else's car and lap time?

I think you have a bit of an inferiority complex when it comes to EVO's (this might have a bit to do with you not being able to beat your EVO driving brother time), because all we here from you it that they are scared of you, and got you kick off the track ("seems to me the evo boys had it in for me") and how they couldn't touch you on the track; when in reality this is not the case.

Since you brought up attitude.

You can have a go at me about my attitude but your the one who call a volunteers who give up there time to officiate at motor sport events an "old geriatric cams official" so either your the one who has a attitude problem or you have no idea what is required to run motor sport. With out these guy's giving up their time there would be no motor sport.

They are there to keep the events safe and when people are being knobs and creating unsafe situations on the track they will tell you to pull your head in which you should, because after all if you have an accident or cause an accident then it all of us who end up paying more for our track time. If you feel that you are in the wrong group then let them know and they will move you, but spitting the dummy and telling off the official ("after i told the old geriatric official where to get off") is not the way to treat a volunteer.

As for me not having a "real car" I have been racing cars since before you ever touch a gear stick and all of the race cars i have driven would eat your car on Mallala or any other track you want to run on if they weren't set up for dirt flat track.

how often that mirage get driven?

ive seen what it takes to make a fwd that fast, reliability sure go's out the window along with tyres.

It get's drive pretty much every week end for the last few months anyway and barely any of it on the street mostly at Collingrove or Mallala, where it get flogged every time. It's been making ~200kw for at least 3 years now and all they have broken is 4 gear in the N/A box it was running at the time; so that is far from unreliable considering it's running 1.23's around Mallala.

Quotes From;

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Gs...ar-t210038.html

Edited by D_Stirls

Take it easy everyone!

AX was just gloating that a Nissan beat us Mitsi guys, and yes this time Nissan Won, but next time it will be different! :)

first of all It was very wet out there and Ax53 did very well to keep a RWD car out on the track all day. It was bloody hairy enough in an EVO still let me tell you.

second Matt (NO GRIP) is a top bloke and he did bloody awesome on the day and for a long while it looked like he was going to win. He drives his car hard and does it all the time. He beat me who was in an evolution 9 FFS. in a mirage!

As for having driven many cars that would eat AX53s car around mallala Dale, which one of his cars? He has four cars three of them which are set up for track and could be driven very fast around mallala. :)

everyone needs to have a coke and a smile

And then enter in the next time attack, It was awesome!

He was having a go at EVO's and I was having a go at him. I don't own an EVO and I have never been in an EVO but considering the amount that EVO-GSR club has put into amateur motor sport in this state, I sure that they would appreciate people abusing the officials at the track when all they are doing is discouraging reckless behaviour.

This car we are building at the moment will take on anything that he would like to produce (<800kg with ~320rwkw). It'll still be a dirt circuit car but we will have enough adjustment in it that was can set it up for tarmac and we will we using revalved GTR suspension so finding suitable coilovers won't be a problem either

Image293.jpg

Edited by D_Stirls

That thing will be quick i dont know about making it handle, but i could be wrong can't wait to see isomething like that racing. I doubt it would beat AX's r34GTR around mallala though he should be pushing out alot more power than 320awkw + the handling of the GTR etc should make it quicker. Would be a fun race to watch though.

Good luck with it mate looks like that thing will be a lot of fun.

And thanks for sticking up for the GSR-EVO club as not many people realise the work that goes in to orgainsing a proper CAMS approved track day.

Hope to see you around at some track events.

Edited by mad34

I doubt it would beat AX's r34GTR around mallala though he should be pushing out alot more power than 320awkw + the handling of the GTR etc should make it quicker.

He'll have to be making a lot more an 320kw as this car will weight <800kg's (0.54 hp/kg) and the light weight will help the handling to some degree and i doubt that the GTR will have to range of adjustment that this thing has built into it and the cornering speed of this will be huge. There is a full under body diffuser and with the other aero effects we're building into it it'll be quicker than what you think. We are building a lot of tarmac technology into this one which has never been tried in dirt circuit so it'll be almost better suited to tarmac.

Anyhow no more about the dirt circuit car it'll just turn into a pissing match.

And thanks for sticking up for the GSR-EVO club as not many people realise the work that goes in to orgainsing a proper CAMS approved track day.

I'm more worried about when the old boys decide to hang up their boots. We have the same problem in dirt circuit in that there just doesn't seem to be enough young blokes out there willing to put in the effort to keep the sport running. So we need to keep them on as long as we can not hang shit on them when we don't agree with the decision made. After all the only thing keeping them there at the moment is the love for the sport.

Saw that little dirt car the other week when i was up there. Thought Matt wanted to keep it a secret hey tongue.gif Looks awesome.

No not being kept a secret. we are trying to promote the sport down here as there is a track being built at Turo at the moment and we need people to build cars.

There's a build thread for it on HT.net in the toyota tech section.

Any how as we get more done i'll post up some more pic's in a thread on here; but this thread is apparently about:

Nissan>Mitsubishi

Edited by D_Stirls

haha... geez.... tis amusing when things like this come along, got to love these discussions.

Having raced a few cars in my life from little fun karts and 100cc when younger to the daily skyline and 250cc superkart with gearbox, it is hard to compare factor y cars to a DEVELOPED raced car. I doubt that car would be road worthy and driveable at home, but tis a nice engineering project :thumbsup:

In regards to cars that may touch it, my dad has an AC Cobra (no...not original - kit car :D..) with a worked 502 big block custom made for track. It 'had' a GM 6/71 supercharger on it ...till traction issues ;) but it is both track driven and road worthy :) ... even if it is a tad loud. So that might give you abit of a run ;) If he gets off the line at all haha...

But overall the point is comparing apples and pairs (and don't comment on color here, Granny Smiths are green i know haha). Let's keep the peace, i have an almost stock RB20DET R32 and i go out there to have fun :) Whether it be a mini, track designed or every dayer we're out there to have fun and drive :) Water over a ducks back aye :)

Now... where were those beers.... :(

Edited by DC_GTST

What ever mate! my r34 gtr will destroy your back yard wagon around mallala. i'll even put money on it. will you? as far as canning the cams official he deserved it and you have no idea what happened. god there are heaps of tools on this site.

What ever mate! my r34 gtr will destroy your back yard wagon around mallala. i'll even put money on it. will you? as far as canning the cams official he deserved it and you have no idea what happened. god there are heaps of tools on this site.

For your sake, I hope Dale dosn't take up your offer. You have just challenged a multiple Australian Dirtcircuit round winner to a race in a car that should lap quicker than a v8 supercar on bituman . I have been lucky enough to do a few laps in his last car, without much racing experience I still managed to hit 0-160 kph in 200m on dirt and wheel spinning all the way. I know Matt (GR custom cnc) , Dales brother quite well and have had some input on the new car. At the moment It may not look much but It will be built to the tolerances of a gp car :- all the suspension is currently being built on a cnc machine center using a suspension analising program. The track will have 100mm of adjustment on each wheel. The front cross member can be moved forward and back 300mm. It will run a 2:1 steering multiplier .The under side of the car includes a huge sidways expansion venturi with flexiable skirts to seal on the track. It has a 50/50 weight split and center af gravity a good 300-400mm lower than a skyline. It will have front and rear wings the same as a pikes peak openwheeler and even the air flowing thu the radiators will be diverted to the rear wing.

I am not biased as I have a mate with a 400kw gtr but it just dosn't compare in acceleration and mid corner speed to a mid mounted, purpose built race car with no suspension restrictions.

You may have your chance to put your money where your mouth is out at mallalla late next year.

Edited by FSTRACER17