SAU Community

Physical Security for your Line

Apart from Garages and lockup carports (obviously) does anyone recomend any Physical Security devices/methods for securing your Skyline ?? Eg: Steering Wheel locks etc ??

Cheers,

Brendan..... a nice CCTV setup does wonders...

if you also have a lockup garage... get a security pole put in the ground with a lock....put the pole in behind the car when u get home.....

Your car wont be going anywhere...

I believe an SAFC can be rigged to do the same...you just need the know how to make an easy adapter.........but then of course they would only need another SAFC.

1. Chain the diff to your garage floor.

2. Like the pole idea...just make sure the sercuity pole has a bolt cut defended.....usually have a cover over the lock and lock flange so they can't get the bolt cutter in to cut the lock.

3. multiple locks on garage door (my perference is to not let them near the car...becuase their going to trash it worse if they can get access but can't actually take it.)

4. Cage the car in....a seprate welded and wire cage for the car in teh garage (I know of this been done.)

5. Another suggestion....is have the car stored if its a weekend driver. Plenty of places ofter 24hour access and 24 hour security. I know when i'm going to get the Evo or GTR its going to be possibltly stored at one of these....especailly with carjacks at the garage these day...you drive you car in and out of security and out home in your daily driver.

plus its probably stored under their insurance if they get broken into :D

6. turn the wheels on full lock and run chains to keep it on full lock...that way it can't move forward and out of a garage.

Cool, I think my cas has an SAFC already in it. Have to wait tho to see. (realistically how many carjacking theiving mofos would have a spare SAFC and time to wire in, with them) And if you had a custom quick release plug/interface (no cloured wires) - It would make it more difficult.

What about one of those wheel cage thingys - like the ones they use when you are parked in a no parking area - to imobalise your car ??

Guest darkness

I think also with the PowerFC's you can set a rev limit with the hand controller. therefore when you leave your car drop the rev limit to 500 or something and take the handcontroller. sweet as.

And with the Link you can set the fuel to zero. again won't start.

Originally posted by Jay95R33

Buy yourself a Rottie and get him to sleep in the garage with the car :D

Ha Ha,,,,Monty and Skyline share the garage,,,,they are the best of friends.

Neil.

By By,,,,,He's cool,,,he just loves his Mum and his Skyline,,,,,Gotta Laugh,,,,the Rottie next door is scared shutless of him......

The Pole Idea sounds like a good idea,,,,I'll get one when we up-date.

Neil.