SAU Community

So Wtf Is Up With My Bov(s)?

MAT00

Hey Everyone!! Ok, whats happening is that i got my car from japan and see that it has both the standard BOV and an aftermarket BLITZ one hooked up and both working. Can someone pls tell me why this would be so and if i will do any damage by taking off and blocking up the lines for the Blitz one and keeping the stock one on??? (i want performance more than show). See pics attached. Btw, its an R33 GTS-T.

post-48960-1222258274_thumb.jpg

post-48960-1222258595_thumb.jpg

post-48960-1222258677_thumb.jpg

Edited by MAT00

hey man, I got no clue why ... I could have a guess but dont want to point you in the wrong direction...

the only thing im looking at... isnt it weird how the pipe that comes off the standard bov and arm has a perfect spot with screw holes for the other bov? almost like it was made for it.... maybe its so you can have performance and sounds??? just a thought...

aslong as both are working - take off the one you dont want and block it (and it's hose) up. Wont do anything bad.

Can't imagine why u have 2 bov's.. maybe someone was to lazy to swap bovs so just bought a aftermarket pipe with bov on it and stuck it on?

the only thing im looking at... isnt it weird how the pipe that comes off the standard bov and arm has a perfect spot with screw holes for the other bov?

Oh, lol. Nah, that pipe that the Blitz BOV is attached to is custom, not standard. It was made most likely with the intention of blocking off the standard BOV and having the aftermarket one down there on the intake pipe on its own.

:ninja:

hey man, I got no clue why ... I could have a guess but dont want to point you in the wrong direction...

the only thing im looking at... isnt it weird how the pipe that comes off the standard bov and arm has a perfect spot with screw holes for the other bov? almost like it was made for it.... maybe its so you can have performance and sounds??? just a thought...

Yeah, haha. Japs can be funny ppl (not meaning that in a racist way in any way shape or form). The car also came with 2 flares, random ass cup holders and a MASSIVE rear view mirroe that clips over the original (with a felix the cat sticker on it haha).

Anyone else got any idea whats gone on here???

well in any r33 (i have the owners manual so this is 100% true) they were fitted with flares so

i guess the owner in japan thought it was good to stay safe and cup holders are a Optional feature on a sedan......so im guessing yours is a sedan??????

the mirror is probity just a super cheap auto item japan style and gives more reason they liked to be safe :ninja:

Mine had the exact same setup with the same Bov when mine was imported :w00t:

ran both bovs the stock one not blocked off just set up as standard with the blitz bov connected up

i found that if i ran the blitz one by itself it would stall :)

i soon got a front mount. I then removed the blitz bov and ran the stock bov by itself

i found the response from the car after i did this increased a heap :)

the blitz bov is somewhere in the shed lol

my 2 cents ;)

had the exact same set up myself...

turned out my stock one was blocked off, tho looking at yours its not as obvious but there may well be a thin piece of sheet metal in there (gasket type). Mine was like a 10mm thick steel plate so it was obvious.

So yeh i would think that ur stocker is blocked off...tho as someone said above their stocker wasnt blocked off in their set up....so.. dunno

with mine blocked off and same bov as you it made the chu chu chu sound down low..and then a proper choooo blow off up high....chu chu chu sound is from air reversal through the turbo.....chooooo sound up top was the blow off valve opening and venting air. You can adjust when these happen on the nut on the bov...so as much or as little chu chu chu as u want......fully.

ps my preference is not.. so if anyone wants to buy my blitz blow valve (i painted it in black for stealth) then they may...just pm.

your biggest problem is blowby looking at the pics.

having two bov's is not damaging anything it just meant the previous owner likes a lil noise. you might find the blitz one is wound up az bit tight to stop it going off in low throttle situations. You could remove it or you could keep it if you like it. removing it wont magically give you 20kw at the wheels or anything

Yeah ive checked and the sandard one isnt blocked off. Im thinking about doing what SeanO did and just waiting till i get a FMIC and taking off the Blitz one. Or mayb taking the blitz one off and blocking up the standard one to dose lol!!! Will dosing get you a defect in qld??? As its not a bov...so cant be illegal...????