SAU Community

Winfield Racing / Gibson Mototsport GT-R on the track again 18/08/02 Eastern Creek

Southo

EDIT - Bad news.... see posts below...

That's right

are you too young to remember seeing "Godzilla" in the flesh ???

are you too young to remember hearing the sound of this beast on a race track ??

Well, get your arse down to Eastern Creek raceway for The Council of Motor Clubs Annual Display Day

Sponsored by Shannons Insurance, this day is a must for any car enthusist with thousands of cars and traders on display.

But, Back to the GT-R,

The current owner of the Gibson Collection has lived up to his promise to make these cars more accessible for Nissan Enthusists and will be taking the Bathurst winning GT-R on parade laps around the circuit - along with other great Group A and Group C racing cars of it's era will be there too.

Don't miss it

Sunday - 18th August

Eastern Creek Raceway

Hi Shell,

Not sure about any Sierras.

There are a couple in the Club (Historic Group C and Group A Racing club) - the ex-Seton PJ Sierra I have seen at one or two events before. I am sure they are all invited, just not sur if the sierra owners will be there.

Not 100% sure on price - knowing Eastern Creek, it will probably be about $15 to $20 I would guess.

I must mention, last year there were historic bus rides too ( yes, I lapped EC in a 1940's double decker bus)

Give Estern Creek a call for full details.

thanks Southo

It would have been good to see a couple of sierra's (I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them)...but seeing the GTR will make up for it :D hehe

i think I might try to come up for it :D

Mark, i was just about to have a look on the EC site...heh guess i won't bother lol...

hey shell,

i called eastern creek

it's a showday on both saturday and sunday

but sunday is the bigger day

i am getting them to fax me some info

i only requested it at 9:30am

and it's already 1:10pm!

i'll post it up when i get the info

cheers, MARK

ps - anyone else interested? should be tops

good work Mark :)

$10...is that all? cheap!

I'm pretty sure I'll be going, just waiting for someone to make up his mind if he wants to go or not :) :)

32ZiLA, I will take pics, hopefully with a digicam if I buy one tomorrow :):D

OK, Good news......

The GT-R (as well as at least 5 other Group A / Group C cars will be there..)

The Bad news

The GT-R will NOT be able to do parade laps due to the fact that the person who has the special size wheel brace, has taken it interstate with them, and nothing else they have will fit. The lock nuts on the car at the moment are not OK to drive on (they are the tie down hoops only) so it would be dangerous to take the GT-R out under those conditions - sorry guys..

It will still be a great day regardless - and I will still be out there....

*searches around for a wheel brace* hehe

that's a shame Southo :)

nevermind, I'm definately coming up for a look anyway...

I am staying Sat night at a hotel near eastern creek...errr in Blacktown i think...is this a bad area? should i bring a couple of vicious Rottys to guard the Skyline??? :lol:

PS. bought digcam today...will take pics :D