SAU Community

Winfield Racing / Gibson Mototsport GT-R on the track again 18/08/02 Eastern Creek

Southo

hehe yeah i know Birty, pretty cool ey? :P

Most people were there for the other cars....so there was hardly any crowds around it at all (strange...but true! silly people LOL). See the pic where it's driving thru the other cars back to the shed...no one's paying it any attention!!

I even heard one guy say "is that one of those cars that raced at Bathurst ages ago?" :(

It sounded SO tough on the track :D:D

hey shell

mate, how good was the bloody godzilla? that thing sounded tops when it flew down the straight. i wonder what sort of speed he reached. i was having a chat to mark hooker (guy in the pics next to the car with the winfield shirt) and he said the owner of godzilla owns the famous exa and two hr31's. what a beautiful car the r32 is. shat all over that falcon with the silly paintjob. shame there was hardly any nissans there, besides the 300zx's in the Z Car Club stand. that r32 was the highlight of the day - why there was hardly anyone checking it out, i have NO idea! stupid bastards. we gotta get some nissans together at that nissan cruise at the end of the month.

cheers, MARK

yea it sounded good alright just made me want to rip of all the mufflers of my r and drive around near re-line

trust me to bump into kyle but not you shell (havent even met you but kyle isnt anything to look at)LOL

bugger

pete

Pics here also...

http://www.infctd.net/pf/180802/

Big thanks to Darren (CressidaV8 from Performanceforums.com) who came to the rescue and supplied the required 1" drive 600 ft/lb torque wrench needed to tighten the wheel nut on each wheel. ( these tools are about $1800 each, hence they are not in your average tool kit)

in full race trim, they used to tighten the nuts to about 800 ft/lb of torque ( yes, that's LOTS)

Terry told me if it was raining also that we wouldn't be taking it out (remember the last time it was driven on a race track, in the rain what happened ( refer Bathurst 1992 video) :P:) ) - understandably, Terry did not want to damage the car.

I didn't get there until it was just going out, so didn't get to install the camera after all.... there is always NEXT time :)

It will be on the track again shortly - (not sure if it is for public knowledge yet) - but as soon as it's announced I will let you knwo