SAU Community

Thinking Of Painting Rims

Pattygtst

I am thinking about paint my rims black and leaving the dish and bolts the same. There are two reasons for this firstly i have grown very fond of the black with polished dish on black cars look. Secondly and more importantly the front rims have little to anti dish on them and look stupid when looking at them from the front or back. Have a look at the first pic and you will see what i mean. i am guessing by painting it black it wont be obvious its coming out. I really dont want to buy any new rims as i have put way to much money into the car already and its killing me.

Do you think this will look better or good?

Any advice would be appreciated

cheers

Pat

post-35160-1222311640_thumb.jpg

post-35160-1222311692_thumb.jpg

Best way get them Powder Coated Black did them on my Old rims came out mint and alose dosent bubble or strip the paint off as it happend when u painted by hand

Depends on ur Pirce thats about it i was lucky got it threw a friend so was cheap

I am going to alliance rims this saturday so they can see them and give me a price.

The fact that there 1 piece rims and there chrome may pose a problem. Bugger

the other thing is they dont poder coat either they do like a 2 pac

Edited by Pattygtst

Powdercoat = Awesome Quality, paint will hardly ever come off...

2 PAK = completely sh*t, it will come off dude trust me... if i got a sharp knife and ran it down your rims the paint will come off eventually lol

being a one piece wheel as well i doubt they'll be able to leave the dish and lip chrome... tried to ask with my old wheels and i was told it was basically impossible so i sold them and got some brand new ones that are actually for sale now...

yeah that's besides the point, just sell the wheels you have now and get actual ones that are black with polished lip, no mucking around, it might be a bit more $$$ but you'll end up with what you were after from the start, that's my2c dude, good luck

Andrew ;)

Patty - I will ask my mates old man and get back to once i see him hope wont be to late but,

Worse goes to worst do it urself paint is fine it will last just make sure u Sandback, primer it, tap off what u dont wanna paint and DOnt rush just makes sure u got time so like a weekend thing!

Better if u know someone with a air gun (paint gun)

Patty - I will ask my mates old man and get back to once i see him hope wont be to late but,

Worse goes to worst do it urself paint is fine it will last just make sure u Sandback, primer it, tap off what u dont wanna paint and DOnt rush just makes sure u got time so like a weekend thing!

Better if u know someone with a air gun (paint gun)

Cheers mate, ley me know how you go :cool:

I dont get time to do these sorts of activities with my high maintenance gf.

She would see it as cheating on her with my car, lol

• 2 weeks later...

rims look good as is mate. If you paint them, they'll look cheap coz 3 piece wheels usually have the centre piece one colour and the studs in polished or chrome. you will prolly have to leave the outer ring with the studs and have just the spokes painted.