SAU Community

Spark Plug Leads Faulty?

and3_3

Hey all, my car is occasionally spluttering around under low load, driving me insane. A friend said it was my coil pack loom cable thats dying, anyone else experienced this?

If it is my loom where can i get a new cable and how much? Or should i just upgrade coil packs while i'm at it?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

coil pack loom is $120-$150 from Nissan.

Hey, ive been looking for a s1 rb25det coil pack loom and cheapest i found was 250 for new or 150 for 2nd hand (dont want more dramas), i rang my local nissan and they couldnt help me, who did u call to get the price of 120-150? Thanks

just get a second hand loom from a wreckers... mine cost me $60. turned out that wasn't the problem it was a dodgy coilpack on cylinder one.

have you tried cleaning all the jackets and lubricating them with silicone spray? Generally i would say it's more likely a coilpack. sounds similar to my problem, started intermittently and then it would come back every now and then (generally when it got a bit hotter) until eventually it ran like a boxer continuously... which is when it was easy to find out which cylinder wasn't firing and that the coilpack wasn't working...

but then it could be any off the above also.... and much more..

1. Replace plugs to something like BKR6E's or equivalent.

2. Borrow a mates set of coil packs and replace them.

3. Borrow a mates ignitor and replace that.

4. Borrow a mates coil pack loom and replace that.

Do it in that order as thats most likely the order you will find it.