SAU Community

Carbon Fibre?

dougs

Hey guys, just out of curiosity, does anyone really buy carbon fibre stuff? I mean, everyone loves carbon fibre. But does anyone actually buy carbon fibre bonnets/boots/bars etc? I know my whole gtr would be carbon fibre if i could get away with it but unfortunately over here its not legal. Does that concern anyone else? Or do you just buy cf stuff and use it anyways? There's no problems with using cf dress up bits for your interior etc obviously, but who here actually has a cf bonnet and boot on their skyline? Do you get hassled by the cops much?

yeah a mate of mine in sydney has a cf bonnet on his r34 gtt and he hasn't been hassled yet as far as i know. if the pricing was a little better would you be more likely to use cf stuff? its just that i've been having a chat to a company that does cf bits and pieces and if we could get interest maybe we could do a group buy etc. but obviously those concerned about the unwanted attention wouldn't be interested either way lol.

I love the look of carbon who doesnt... in a perfect world id have a carbon bonnet and boot on my 33 gtr.

But for me its not worth the hassel.

I have other bits and pieces thats defectable on my car and id much rather have the power fc, boost controller etc then the carbon stuff. i mean its ovious u have carbon items... its a reason to pull u over... So i wouldnt take the chance.

yeah thats true, some stuff is adr approved. i mean if you were after carbon fibre bit for any reason other than bling then you could just paint it cause it'd still be light as, but other than that it'd draw a little too much attention for the most part.

As long as ya car is reletively legal i would buy one anyways and just keep your stocko stuff if you get hassled/defected swap back and go over the pits. There is also a place in QLD i think that do 100% road legal carbon and fibre glass bonnets etc. The cops as far as i know cant do anything about it. Is fully approved

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dougs

Yeah so far i have not yet been hassled about my bonnet. All though I have driven past a few RBT's and they certainly have a good look. Not sure if its the bonnet, bonnet pins or just the car in general. Luckily at night the carbon doesn't stand out to much from the black body.

Ill let you know if i run into any trouble.

Matt