SAU Community

5th Gear Rpm

grem

yeah the wheel size/diff ratio wont affect the measured speed displayed by the speedo, because it is tailshaft rpm, and that ratio will always remain the same regardless of wheels/diff<edit> (unless it has been calibrated). so what im asking, does anyone else have a 5th gear that looks like that. or do i have some freak short ratio box.

alternatively, the car is running a microtech ecu. could the tacho be reading incorrectly? the avcr reads the rpm different to the tachometer.

when the car was tuned last i told them to put a limiter on. and unless they set it somewhere on the wrong side of 8000rpm, it hasnt got one. which makes me think, maybe they did set it. and the tacho is reading high. going back for another tune in a few weeks i guess ill get them to check it out.

Edited by grem

my limiter is set at 8500rpm :)

i wouldnt know what rpm im doing at 100 , just be thankful your speedo works :O , you said you had your speedo recalibrated? , what diff ratio? , rb20 box? , does it sound like its revving that high?

nah i said that the ratio wouldnt change unless it had been recalibrated, and as far as i know, mine hasnt. the avcr reads 200rpm at idle. i dont know whats doing there. its way off. but yeah its the original rb20 cefiro box with a rb25 infront of it.