SAU Community

M35 Check Engine Light

zei20l

ok so today i removed the airbox in the hopes of fitting my spare apexi pod filter. it didnt fit :bunny:

anyway, so i put it all back together again, no parts left over. kicked the engine over and it started. great!

went inside, came back a few hours later to leave, and took off and noticed the check engine light was on! ahh stupid me, i didnt plug in the AFM again!!

so i plugged it in again, kicked it over, light didnt go off. had to drive anyway, even with the light on, the car drives normally! but the light is pissing me off

anyone know how to get rid of it?? its platered over the tv screen too with some japanese writing. if its not related to this, could it be the service interval thingo??

if only there was an english version of this tv stuff :banana:

think this might have been covered in the V35 forum, remember reading something a while back, have a scan/post there if no luck here. Also, send me the screenshot and i could translate it if you think it is not related to the AFM.

ok so today i removed the airbox in the hopes of fitting my spare apexi pod filter. it didnt fit :bunny:

anyway, so i put it all back together again, no parts left over. kicked the engine over and it started. great!

went inside, came back a few hours later to leave, and took off and noticed the check engine light was on! ahh stupid me, i didnt plug in the AFM again!!

so i plugged it in again, kicked it over, light didnt go off. had to drive anyway, even with the light on, the car drives normally! but the light is pissing me off

anyone know how to get rid of it?? its platered over the tv screen too with some japanese writing. if its not related to this, could it be the service interval thingo??

if only there was an english version of this tv stuff :banana:

Ahhh soon. There will be the English translation soon.....

The service interval notice is a green sign that says "pit". So if that is what is on your screen don't worry about it.

I think there is a thread somewhere about how to reset the fault codes.

the other option instead of going the pod filter is to fit the K&N filter and at the fron of the air box, there is a piece that can be removed that opens up the air box to more cold air from under the front of the bonnet. You can buy the part from Nissan (power duct) or make your own as I did. The part is $180.

Cheers

Andy

hahah thats exactly what i removed :P

and nah its not pit, it has a larger check engine light with a pic of the front of the car etc.

thanks both of you for the reply. ill check out the V35 stuff and see what they have

ill chuck on the consult tomorrow when i can find the software. might tell me if i bumped a sensor plug etc.

i dont know if this will work. but for other people that search in this section, i foud this in the V35 section. ill go outside and test it very soon:

Do this:

Turn ignition on (dont start it)

Wait 3 seconds

Press the accelerator down fully and release it 5 times within 5 seconds

Wait 10 secs

Press and hold the accelerator down fully for 10 secs (at the 10 second mark the engine light should start blinking...

Now it will blink 10 times slowly and then blink the error code...

To clear the codes press the accelerator down fully again and hold for another 10secs let it go wait 10 seconds and turn the ignition off.. This will clear the codes.. but wont stop the light coming back on if there is still a fault somewhere.

You can download the workshop manual from 350z-tech.com it tells you all about it and the codes and what they mean.

Just take it for a drive for a couple of hundred Km's and have it start a dozen or so times and the check engin light will go away,

this has happened to me a couple of time from similar circumstances and is went away every time after a long drive, none of the other ways worked for me

Matt

its all good i took it to the yard that sold me the car, they hooked up the consult and reset the code. it WAS the AFM/temp sensor like i thought it was. no biggie

the reset technique above didnt work on my car for some reason.........