SAU Community

M35 Tailgate Wont Open

zei20l

grrr a few little problems with this car! this one could be my fault, but i hope not.

anyway, went to open it the other day, the lock wont make a sound, funny thing is the glass still opens fine! is there a manual opening for them??

has anyone had this problem before? what was it? i havent checked fuses all that carefully, but i found the 70 million fuses behind the battery under the cover. a bitch to get to unless you remove all that plastic from above it!

just wish i knew what they all did! lol

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks!

grrr a few little problems with this car! this one could be my fault, but i hope not.

anyway, went to open it the other day, the lock wont make a sound, funny thing is the glass still opens fine! is there a manual opening for them??

has anyone had this problem before? what was it? i havent checked fuses all that carefully, but i found the 70 million fuses behind the battery under the cover. a bitch to get to unless you remove all that plastic from above it!

just wish i knew what they all did! lol

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks!

Yea, if ou cimb into the back there is a small plug / panel down near the lock, you can remove this and then there is the manual release.

not on an M35 mate. no key lock. unless its hidden!!! maybe ill have a better look under where the button is. might be a keyhole like my honda had

ohh yeah ill come past and show you the car this week. meant to do it last week but lacked motivation at work... mostly to even be there lol

EDIT: checked and the manual override works fine. good for the moment, at least i can still use the boot now!

all i have to do it find out where the problem is, i guess a relay or fuse..............

Edited by zei20l

not on an M35 mate. no key lock. unless its hidden!!! maybe ill have a better look under where the button is. might be a keyhole like my honda had

ohh yeah ill come past and show you the car this week. meant to do it last week but lacked motivation at work... mostly to even be there lol

EDIT: checked and the manual override works fine. good for the moment, at least i can still use the boot now!

all i have to do it find out where the problem is, i guess a relay or fuse..............

The button is under the Nissan emblem on the boot. No key lock.

How else have you been opening the boot if not with the button?

yeah thats how ive been opening it lol

i mean now that the button doesnt work i thought there might have been a key lock in the tailgate, which there isnt.

anyway, need to check fuses when i get time.......

yeah thats how ive been opening it lol

i mean now that the button doesnt work i thought there might have been a key lock in the tailgate, which there isnt.

anyway, need to check fuses when i get time.......

Damn!

And here I was thinking that there was a magical button I had yet to find.... oh well.

there IS a magical button, its the manual release inside the boot door :P

if you open the tailgate, near the lock on what would face the front of the car when closed is a small panel, pop it out and you can use that to open the boot if your button doesnt work. thats what im using thanks to another thread!

there IS a magical button, its the manual release inside the boot door :)

if you open the tailgate, near the lock on what would face the front of the car when closed is a small panel, pop it out and you can use that to open the boot if your button doesnt work. thats what im using thanks to another thread!

Not so magical if I have to climb into the back to get access to the back :P

I meant maybe from the drivers seat... oh well.

nah nothing from the drivers seat. and i just open the glass and stick my hand in to open the tailgate, no need to get into the boot via the backseat.... i mean like i first did to get it open :bunny: