SAU Community

APEX power intake

Originally posted by | hype^ |

stuff that... just disconnect the afm from the pipe and take the whole unit out. then unbolt the afm from the std box

youll never properly reach down there! well i couldnt anyway.. pain in the a$$

Oh yeah,well you can do that too :cool: I actually did that to put the cold air box in. In retrospect I should have done it to put the pod in as well, but for some stupid reason it didn't cross my mind. I actually had 2 or 3 friends with me at various stages and it didn't cross any of their minds either! Maybe I just need new friends :confused:

Ah well, luckily it wasn't difficult to reach the bolt next to the mudguard with a small 10mm spanner, just took about 1 minute to remove instead of a few seconds it fhe AFM had been off.

The other underside bolt was a lot easier to remove but still not as easy as it would have been if I'd taken the AFM off!

JimX.

It's a custom box made by Unique Auto, I wrote up a full thread with pics here. If you just want to see all the pics on one page, go here.

Definitely worth the money, or at least worth the effort of making your own if you can't afford the $180.

JimX.