SAU Community

Opinion On This Skyline

Avanti

cause I guess its a forum isn't...

1.the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people. 2.a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.

So I guess we both got something out of it, you expressed and then I expressed, public forum.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not just get a decent r34 gt-r, a brand new n1 engine (one of the sponsors sells them) a nice genuine kit like a do-luck and a kick-ass paintjob rather than fantasize about a photochop that could cost half a million bucks to recreate irl.

why not just get a decent r34 gt-r, a brand new n1 engine (one of the sponsors sells them) a nice genuine kit like a do-luck and a kick-ass paintjob rather than fantasize about a photochop that could cost half a million bucks to recreate irl.

that yellow r34 could be done. itll just cost about 10k for the bodywork wise, so just buy a cheap gt-t 34 around 21k and add 15k for bodywork and paint and u got urself ur dream car lol.

i bought the picture of the yellow 34 to my mates workshop today he said itll be about 10k.. for bodywork and paint.. and now his having thoughts about doing it for his own car lol... hope he does..

that yellow r34 could be done. itll just cost about 10k for the bodywork wise, so just buy a cheap gt-t 34 around 21k and add 15k for bodywork and paint and u got urself ur dream car lol.

fair enough, any particular reason you say a gt-t instead of a gtr? i was looking at a gtr for the added power and AWD. and is that bodywork including having it made if it isnt on the market already?

• 3 weeks later...

what a waste of money... if you cant see it or feel it when your driving, then whats the point??? the r34 gtr is already a sweet looking car... with plenty enough room to house some wide rims, and when lowered has a stance that is scarier than ivan draco.

that looks straight from fast and the furious and i wouldnt even give it the time of day to look at it.

10k just for the body?? have you then thought about how expensive and how wide the rims will have to be to get them to fill out the guards on such a wide body?? at 18s at the least they are going to be expensive, or spaced out ridiculously, going to 19s or 20s will be super expensive and what will that do to the handling?? and in aus.. for it to be road legal, it has to be 100mm off the ground... an exhaust on a stand height car is almost under 100mm so they cant be lowered all that much, so whats your wide body gonna look like when you have to have it 100mm off the ground?? or is going to be a trailer queen

hell, get some rays rims with the titanium lip, wrap them in re55s, n1 engine, with n1 turbos, full titanium system, and titanium hard piping kit, get the suspension soughted and drive the thing... hard! with the stone chips to prove it, that will get more respect then a full kitted engine less show pony.

look at how many compliments Bakes gets on his car... its simple, clean, purposeful, achievable, and very effective.. there is not a single person on here that cannot say it looks bad.. why?? because its purposeful, it has a reason.

and are you 15?? i thought ages ago we banned 15 yr olds from making stupid posts.. you want an r34 gtr because of the awd and power.. so youre gonna shell out $60000 for a perfectly good r34 gtr, then $10000 (which is going to be a very budget job) to make it look like that hideous contraption, then wheels and tyres will be close to another $10000 if you want to do it properly (the kit and paint's gonna be a waste if you dont have rims to back it up) and after all that, the point of a wide body is to get more wheel track so youd better have the suspension set up and engine package that demands that much more wheel track so that will be around $10000 for the suspension and anywhere from $20000 for the engine and gearbox upgrades., you wont get much change out $150000

time attack and circuit gtrs arent that wide, the powerhouse amuse carbon R isnt even that wide, so why do you need it to be that wide??

otherwise do it to a gtt or even a gt so as not to wreck a perfectly good r34 gtr, better yet, do it to a supra and go cruising up n down the strips, leave the gtr's the back roads, where noone can see them doing what they do best.

disrespect!

Edited by NZM.031

im sorry.. i just noticed that you are 17, not 15... so where does a 17 year old get that sought of cash?? and dont you have p plate restrictions in wa?? and what makes you think that you can handle a an r34 gtr?? not to mention a worked one.

go back to watching hi 5 and stay away from fast and the furious

Jesus christ... can you say keyboard warrior?

No one asked how would you modify your skyline, it was simply...

"What I want to know is what you guys think of it and if you can identify the type of skyline it is."

Clearly you don't like it, nuff' said.

People modify their cars for different reasons..

"if you cant see it or feel it when your driving, then whats the point???"

Not everyone modifies their car for performance, if you really are and enthusiast you should know this already.

look at how many compliments Bakes gets on his car...

That's great for him, but is irrelevant to this topic...?

and after all that, the point of a wide body is to get more wheel track

Yes, but they are also used for looks, if you just want your wheel track to be wider, bolt on some wide guards and dont bother sticking a full kit on the car because what did you say...

"if you cant see it or feel it when your driving, then whats the point???"
time attack and circuit gtrs arent that wide, the powerhouse amuse carbon R isnt even that wide, so why do you need it to be that wide??

Again irrelevant, what difference do other cars make? Isn't their a sense of pride in being unique? what happened to being able to modify your car the way you want? Each to their own, you don't build a car to please others, you do it for yourself, he needs it wide because that is what is appealing to him... and believe it or not, there are a lot of people who would like this look.

otherwise do it to a gtt or even a gt so as not to wreck a perfectly good r34 gtr

If you're so in favour of saving all gtr's then why don't you go and buy them all up, and sell them to people YOU think are worthy of driving/modifying them...

im sorry.. i just noticed that you are 17, not 15... so where does a 17 year old get that sought of cash?? and dont you have p plate restrictions in wa?? and what makes you think that you can handle a an r34 gtr?? not to mention a worked one.

Where his cash comes from is irrelevant, he never said he was going to buy the car now... it may be a dream car, something to aim for, a goal for the future, P plate restrictions and his age would mean nothing if its something to aim for... why attack somebody for asking a question?

Seriously dude, go back to boostcruising and preach your shit their, save SAU for those who wish to gain knowledge and share advice on a mature level, people like you turn forums to shit with your ranting and raving that was never asked for in the first place...

its a public forum, and he asked for what people thought of it, i told him what i thought of it.

i cannot identify it as a skyline, it could be a civic coupe with r34 headlights.

i would love to buy every gtr and sell them to those that i feel are worthy, its an awesome car that should be seen as what it was designed for, to race. its awesome in its natural state and commands respect.

i just dont see the point... what a waste of money for very little gain. if youre into bodykits and glitz and glam, then what difference does it make if its a gtr?? why not just get a bog stock auto gt...

your saying im not an enthusiast and for me to "go back to boost cruising" even though ive been here since 2003... and you're saying im not an enthusiast for having a rant at some git whose knowledge of cars comes from fast and furious and wants put a stupid bodykit on the last GTR with the RB26 platform??

there are no more of the rb26 versions being made... like ae86s, there arent that many left, and the more people that take them and crash them means there are less and less everyday. even though there are still tonnes of gtrs around now, eventually they will sky rocket and be few and far between.

if he has the cash, why not get an r35.. that would get everyones attention.