SAU Community

Soccor Mum's Unite!

HOT_R33

Hey follow liner's...

Thought I might post up this photo as I think it is very typical of just how many people put massive vehicles on the roads that simply don't need to be there...

post-16592-1224216868_thumb.jpg

This is my baby surrounded by these road tanks at a local shopping center....I thought I might be asking for trouble by parking here as all of the SUV's were covered in dents and scratches. ;)

Funnily enough, the two vehicles that are parked nose-to-nose on the left of my GTR, only had a 2cm gap in-between thier bumpers.

Now I don't know how they managed to do that without park assist; maybe they used a someone as a guage; maybe it was pure luck, all I know is, if it were my vehicle they were parking behind, I wouldn't like to find out the hard way....if ya know what I mean lol.

Anyway guys, feel free to comment on the photo or what I've written.....enjoy. :ermm:

I would like to start by saying thats a very clean GTR

Secondly...the photo looks almost cartoonish...because the GTR is so small compared to the rest of them it looks like they're all peering over its shoulder ready to pounce...

somehow i think i'm reading too much into the photo

I would like to start by saying thats a very clean GTR

Secondly...the photo looks almost cartoonish...because the GTR is so small compared to the rest of them it looks like they're all peering over its shoulder ready to pounce...

somehow i think i'm reading too much into the photo

lol I know!....when I turned around it looked so funny I just had to take a photo and post it.

Cheers for your post mate. ;)

I think thats every skylines owner worst nightmare. Its like a packful of wolves around a baby lamb...

Soccermums should be banned from driving those monster trucks unless they actually have a adequate reason. Driving a massive machine like that just overboosts their confidence on the road and parking and they end up not caring about any other vehicle around.

endrant/ really dont like soccer mums with massive cars.

If they dont hit your car why take the piss out of them, i wanted a 4 x 4 for my missus but she didnt want a car that big, i wanted her to have a big car so if some idiot hits her, she and the kids should be safe.

If i had my way i would have them driving around in a tank

I always wanted one of those.

But since I can't get that, I'm considering the next best thing, which is putting bull bars & tow bars (hopefully I can find some kind of removable ones) on my R33, after the incident where some idiot didn't put their handbrake on when they parked & caused their car to slide all the way back & rear end my car.

If they dont hit your car why take the piss out of them, i wanted a 4 x 4 for my missus but she didnt want a car that big, i wanted her to have a big car so if some idiot hits her, she and the kids should be safe.

I seriously hope that you're NOT caught up in that delusional mindset that because a 4WD is big, then that means it's safe. They are strong, that's very true, but because they are (mostly) built to go off-road, their chassis is not designed to "crumple" as easily as a passenger car.

Why would you want a car to have "crumple zones," you may ask? When/if you ever have an accident, the way the car is designed to crumple around you is what determines how badly you and/or your passengers will be injured in that crash. Basically, the more the impact is ABSORBED by the car, the less has to be absorbed by you, which lessens your and your passengers' risk of injury.

Hey follow liner's...

Thought I might post up this photo as I think it is very typical of just how many people put massive vehicles on the roads that simply don't need to be there...

post-16592-1224216868_thumb.jpg

This is my baby surrounded by these road tanks at a local shopping center....I thought I might be asking for trouble by parking here as all of the SUV's were covered in dents and scratches. :rofl:

Funnily enough, the two vehicles that are parked nose-to-nose on the left of my GTR, only had a 2cm gap in-between thier bumpers.

Now I don't know how they managed to do that without park assist; maybe they used a someone as a guage; maybe it was pure luck, all I know is, if it were my vehicle they were parking behind, I wouldn't like to find out the hard way....if ya know what I mean lol.

Anyway guys, feel free to comment on the photo or what I've written.....enjoy. :)

Why would you EVEN park your GTR at a shopping center.

Your car looks HOT!! :)

Ever tried to drive behind them?

Don't like it - can't see what's happening on the road ahead.

Whether I'm in my 'Line or my 'Lude, I always need to stay further back, or get around them & hope I don't strike another one in front of the last one.

My guess, is that short ladies (especially), like to own/drive them.

Tez

How do you know they don't have a GTR in the shed at home?

My wife drives a Black Jeep Grand Cherokee...but also an R32 GTR

Our 'road tank' is a necessary evil as it also doubles as a tow vehicle for my race car.

I know a lot of people drive 4WD's who don't really require one, but for some of us they are a very practical option.

Just some food for thought

Edited by DiRTgarage

Armco doesn't save a 4WD, just makes them somersault a few times before hitting the ground again. ;)

Seriously, If you want a 'big car' for the missus: put her in a Stagea, namely the M35 variety and she'll be ten times more safe in one of those rather than a Cruiser or a Patrol.

MMMM-CRUMPLE ZONES. Car with crumple zones hits large car, small car crumples. I do alot of driving around Australia and unfortunatly get to see alot of wrecks.

Engine and box crumpled into cabin- passenger side door crumpled into drivers side door, ect ect.

New cars are good if they hit at lower speeds but i find at anything over 100kph the crumple zones are mute ( car A at 50kph + car B at 50kph = 100kph, try driving head first into a wall at that speed, its roughly the same effect.)

Diving thru Far North QLD 2 weeks ago i came across a accident where a magna crossed the center line and hit a landcruiser, landcruiser had 2 adults and 2 children in it and apart from shock ( landcruiser was on its side ) were ok- magna driver and passenger were not so lucky, driver dead, passenger trapped with unknown injuries.

We stopped to see if wecould help but the cops and ambo,s had it under control.

For the people who think that the large cars shouldnt be on the road, should we ban all trucks, buses and people towing caravans or should we understand that the road is there to share and have some respect for others operating equipment different to ours.

If you want big and scarry drive up to Weipa in the Cape and dice with the road trains, after that the local 4x4s wont fell so big.

Ill stop now.

New cars are good if they hit at lower speeds but i find at anything over 100kph the crumple zones are mute ( car A at 50kph + car B at 50kph = 100kph, try driving head first into a wall at that speed, its roughly the same effect.)

This is a common misconception that if you combine the speeds of two cars together and hit a wall at that speed it's the same as if they had a head on collision. I've seen more than one study that disproves this. Because both cars have give and crumple into thamselves it's like hitting a wall at 50kph not 100kph.

Not meaning to have a crack at you, just want to pass on something that I've learnt. :P