SAU Community

Newcastle And Central Coast Skyline Spotted Thread

-Jimmy-

suspected broke diff on way to work tonight, not happy jan......

any ideas of best place to take it to get repaired in Newcastle

That sux mate, really sux. If i was you i would do the ring around for quotes or limp it in if you can. But when i busted my diff in my ss many years back these blokes were the best price.

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/nsw/broadmeadow/newcastle-gearbox-diff-pty-ltd-11858623-listing.html

I ended up selling the car so i cant comment on the work, but they were literally half the price of the manual transmission factory just up the road.

A bit off topic for this thread but need to do it. Spotted a blue s13 silvia in Lake Munmorah this arvo around 5pm. Pin dick was doing AT LEAST double the speed limit in a 50 zone after cutting me off to rip a shitty skid in front of me. He then proceeded to take both corners i saw him take on the wrong side of the road, one of the corners had a car coming in the other direction. All this while kids where playing on their pushbikes on the street. I know nobody on here probably knows such an idiot, but IF you do please pass on kindly this- they will be getting my size 13 all over their car to decorate that nice new paint job with.

That sux mate, really sux. If i was you i would do the ring around for quotes or limp it in if you can. But when i busted my diff in my ss many years back these blokes were the best price.

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/nsw/broadmeadow/newcastle-gearbox-diff-pty-ltd-11858623-listing.html

I ended up selling the car so i cant comment on the work, but they were literally half the price of the manual transmission factory just up the road.

thanks for the info, only thought i had done something to the diff, when i got to work and reversed park noticed a winding sound only in reverse, found a hill no rev's and rolled backwards, came to the conclusion sticky brakes, had them check about a month ago, still got 10,000 km on pads and disks, but ABS light on, havent booked in to auto electrician yet,

Lol I know, my 34 is loving the cooler weather at the moment.. Let us know the next time you are heading out, keen to go for a drive that doesn't involve me driving all the way to sydney just for a cruise..

Yeh being in there at night is asking for trouble. Went in there with my girlfriend two nights ago to chill out and watch the waves, I hoped it would be pretty empty on a thursday. I was wrong. The whole foreshore area was packed with commodores and falcons (with the odd silvia, lancer or daihatsu charade). We were there for about 5 minutes before a couple of tools in a VZ ute and an old statesman started redlining their engines in the carpark - so it was no surprise when two paddy-wagons showed up and started doing laps of the area.

The same calibre of people usually gather in the carparks of Westfield Kotara, Charlestown Square and Glendale shopping center for late night thursday shopping. Apart from that I'm don't know of any regular gathering spots. I try to avoid them though, with good reason.

Back on topic, I spotted a maroon 33 gts-t in Kotara yesterday, and a few days ago saw a bright purple 33 with a 34 GTR front end (near ausgrid stadium from memory?)