SAU Community

Cefiro Speedo Wiring

Rhin0

Hi guys. I'm in the uk and have bought a speedo converter (kmh-mph) for my cefiro but cant find a wiring diagram. I know you don't use them but would anyone have any idea where I could find a wiring diagram to install the converter?

Hi guys. I'm in the uk and have bought a speedo converter (kmh-mph) for my cefiro but cant find a wiring diagram. I know you don't use them but would anyone have any idea where I could find a wiring diagram to install the converter?

Not had any luck finding a wiring diagram. If this is just for MOT purposes it might be easier to just change the dials? Or you could go down the really pikey route and put sticky labels over them

Edit: Or just stick a GPS SatNav or camera detector in there and read the speed off that, which is what I have to do when I travel to Eire since I don't have KMs on the clock.

Edited by Lum

After closer inspection it looks like a mechanical speedo like the r32.. ? ? ?

Interesting, is yours a pre-facelift or post-facelift model (post-facelift has an L at the start of the VIN code)

Do they even make mechanical speedo converters?

Also, out of interest whereabouts in the UK are you? I've never actually seen a Cefiro on the road anywhere.

Edited by Lum

I'm pretty sure all cefiros are mechanical speedo. Some models (i think ones delivered to malaysia maybe) have both KMPH and MPH written on the dials.

Failing that, you should be able to take it to some instrument calibration shop and they could change the internal gearing inside the cluster so that the numbers will correspond to the desired speed.

Interesting, is yours a pre-facelift or post-facelift model (post-facelift has an L at the start of the VIN code)

Do they even make mechanical speedo converters?

Also, out of interest whereabouts in the UK are you? I've never actually seen a Cefiro on the road anywhere.

My chassis number starts LA, R32 skylines take a mechanical speedo as far as I know. I'm from dorset, there are a couple of cefiro's over here you'll find most if you search on driftworks.com forum page.

....any pictures of yours?

I'm pretty sure all cefiros are mechanical speedo. Some models (i think ones delivered to malaysia maybe) have both KMPH and MPH written on the dials.

Failing that, you should be able to take it to some instrument calibration shop and they could change the internal gearing inside the cluster so that the numbers will correspond to the desired speed.

I'll try the path of a r32 mechanical one then!! Seems the best bet so far.

Cheers m8

My chassis number starts LA, R32 skylines take a mechanical speedo as far as I know. I'm from dorset, there are a couple of cefiro's over here you'll find most if you search on driftworks.com forum page.

....any pictures of yours?

lol, Driftworks dont like me because I bought an AWD Cefiro with the intent of daily driving it.

Mine is still in Japan at the moment, only paid for it this morning.

cefiro__10.jpg

cefiro__2.jpg

cefiro__3.jpg