SAU Community

Blocking Off Bov

Fabs_32

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fair enough, we've all done it. You'll be quick to rip it back out when you realise your car runs like a bag of shit and tends to stall at lights etc. It will run rich as it's still compensating for air returning back behind the AFM when it's not. If you really wanna do it, Take the bov off and cut a coke can up to the same shape as the flange shape of the BOV and cut two holes for the bolts to go through, then sandwich that aluminium sheet between the intake crossover pipe and the BOV.

:blink:

hahahah I did the same recently chef_stagea, had a metal intake pipe on there and all shit for a few weeks, fluttering like a madcnut :blink:

I am of the belief that it doesn't really do shit to turbo life when you're running low boost, but my turbs has a wee bit of shaft play so I just ran it on low boost with the bov blocked just incase.

Changed it back a week ago as I got over the flutter a bit :D

Edited by AndrewJZX100

so its not too hard... even if ive got an auto? coz its like slaming in to the next gear fair quick and im not cumming off the expensive pedal during a gear change?

--- preps for a flaming From dstroy :blink:--- (seems very against it)

Edited by chef_stagea

go for it if ya like, i wish i had a standard BOV in mine, i cant fit in the standard plumbing in for it unless i fully relocate my cooler. i dont like the police attention the sound causes, over 50% of the times i have been pulled over in the past is from the BOV/flutter sound.

I blocked mine off a couple of weeks ago, ran like shit, took it out yesterday. The sound is funny for about 2 weeks, then you get over it lol.

I have had mine blocked off for a long time now and the car is still running strong as

i think that blocking the BOV has improved my response time as well

so its not too hard... even if ive got an auto? coz its like slaming in to the next gear fair quick and im not cumming off the expensive pedal during a gear change?

--- preps for a flaming From dstroy :)--- (seems very against it)

Hey mate, as everyone else has said before it wouldn't be a good idea to block it off as you factory fuel maps in your ECU are "written" assuming you still have your BOV there, when you remove it the factory maps dont change and your ecu will behave as per usual making the car run in a way you probably wont be happy with (stalling in an auto car is not plesant). Im not sure if removing or blocking the BOV wears a turbo prematurely (my ceffy RB20 never came with a BOV standard yet they used the same turbo as an R32 RB20 later on) as i have heard alot of for and against responses and not alot of real proof. If you still want to block off your std bov then i would recommend you get a metal induction pipe as well as most (read: most) of the time it sounds weird and you dont get the full effect of the fluttersssszzzz ;) Happy Fluttering and may the Pigeon be with you

Edited by Ceffy_SA

If you want sick flutterz. Block it off with coke can and get an apexi pod filter. Mine flutterz mad az

coke can pfft

cc can FTW lol

and a os giken pod lol

flutterz like crazy i tell ya

Trust me on this one, you would be surprised what a metal induction pipe can do for your sick flutterzzz, plus it can actually do something benificial for your engine rather then just the noise (shock horror) which is prevent the factory rubber inlet hose from being sucked closed under the vaccum created by the turbo

Edited by Ceffy_SA

i have a blanking plate on my car

flutters pretty loud, blitz sus (metal pod filter)

runs terrible though and is prone to stalling so i'll be removing it soon

Kinda curious about a metal induction pipe though...

im assuming you get an exhaust shop to make one up for you ?

Edited by AFTDRK

i have a blanking plate on my car

flutters pretty loud, blitz sus (metal pod filter)

runs terrible though and is prone to stalling so i'll be removing it soon

Kinda curious about a metal induction pipe though...

im assuming you get an exhaust shop to make one up for you ?

Rodger that, very simple to make, i paid $40 for mine (I was lazy) to be made up as my rubber inlet was sucking closed after i put a larger turbo on (plus i was missing that metal spring thing inside the rubber inlet) fixed up that problem and as a plus my rep went through the roof due to my flutter being 2 times louder and very VL turbo commo esque, it just sounded gaylord with stocko rubber inlet on, win win lol :P. Just remind the exhaust shop to weld in a 3/4 (i think) fitting into the new pipe for your cam cover breather (well on a Rb20 at least, not 100% sure its the same on RB25)

Edited by Ceffy_SA