SAU Community

R34 Raising The Psi

I was wondering what psi a stock r34 gt-t runs at? im guessing around 8?

also what mods would i have to install to run it safely at around 16psi on the street?

im looking at spending just under 20k on the car. and then atleast 10k on the car straight up, ofcourse ill still be spending more as the time goes by though.

Also for the guys that 'really' know what they are talking about would you be able to list the brands with the products. that you have had experience on your cars?

Thanks alot, looking forward on hearing your answers!

For $10K, you'd be looking at the following:

1) A very small list of brand new parts, or

2) A very long list of second hand parts

Option 1) might not see you there...

Turbo Kit - $2.5-3.0K

FMIC - $500-$1,000

Exhaust - $1,000

EBC - $300-$1,000

ECU - $800 - $???

Injectors - $800-$1,000

Fuel Pump - $300-$600

Air Intake - $200

* Above prices are pretty indicative depending on how fussy you are and ultimately what you want to do... parts alone you're looking at $7k - $10K, then you have to factor in labour n tuning etc... not to mention all the SMALL bits n bobs that nobody ever seems to factor in (nuts, bolts, washers, fluids, zipties, oils etc. etc.)

Option 2) you'll get there... just need patience and a keen eye when looking for 2nd hand goodies!

Personally, started off with Option 2) for a few things - was only 19 then so didn't really have a choice. But yeah, slowly replaced everything with brand new items as finances got better... Now my 34 is an freak of nature :)

I was wondering what psi a stock r34 gt-t runs at? im guessing around 8?

also what mods would i have to install to run it safely at around 16psi on the street?

im looking at spending just under 20k on the car. and then atleast 10k on the car straight up, ofcourse ill still be spending more as the time goes by though.

Also for the guys that 'really' know what they are talking about would you be able to list the brands with the products. that you have had experience on your cars?

Thanks alot, looking forward on hearing your answers!

stock it runs 2 stage boost, 5psi up to 4500rpm, then 7psi to redline

thanks for the help guys.

hmm i was hoping i could get to atleast 14-16 without new fuel pump and injectors ehhe. my mates xr6 runs 14psi with intercooler and new turbo+ exhaust. also mates 180sx runs at 12 with the same mods.

guess ill need an engineers slip anyway with the other mods on right?

Edited by dreamaaa

16 psi on an xr6 turbo is very differet to 16 psi on a stock r34 turbo... or any other turbo for that matter...

psi = pounds PER SQUARE INCH... hence if turbo's are different sizes...well you get the pic...

you cannot raise the boost to 16 psi without a turbo upgrade... well... you CAN... but you WILL break your turbo and possibly your motor. the skyline rb25 turbo's have ceramic exhaust wheels and they will let go if pushed too hard.

if you tell us what the car is going to be used for, your goals and most importantly your budget, then we can help :/

yes i know that....

i just want strong car for street and also for cruising.

how much psi could i safely raise it too without a fuel pump?

but if i installed:

New Turbo(not sure which size) they come stock with a t25 or 28?

FMIC

Exhaust

EBC

ECU

Injectors

Air Intake

Some might say you'll get away with 250rwkw with a fpr, but i'd be inclined to get a new pump at that stage.

I've heard some say that a stock turbo can get up to 250rwkw too :P

If you're spending all that money, just spend the extra and get a fuel pump. Better than your engine leaning out.

My opinion is that you'd be better off spending the money on a fuel pump rather than a FPR. At the end of the day, you can't change THAT MUCH with a FPR, get a fuel pump, get an ECU - and get it done properly.

so say your happy with 225rwkw... (decent power for a streeter, esp with a diet, although i have a feeling you'll be throwing in 780 subs + amps) then all you could get away with just a highflow turbo, SAFC, cheapass fmic, bleed valve, exhaust and your clutch might hold for a while too... probably cheapest option really...

for any more power your gonna have to add injectors, fuel pump, afm, real ECU, clutch, better FMIC, EBC (not needed but worth it)