SAU Community

Just Jap Stealth Intercooler

Kujotk

I am wanting to install the stealth Just Jap intercooler onto my r33 GTS-t series 2...... only thing is i have a gtr front bar on it at the moment.... do you recon it will fit? and how easy is it to fit on the car? are the brackets useful or do you have to make up a bracket?

also anyone in sydney wanna help a brother out if i get stuck????

cheers

i had one on my car before

i have a r33 series 1, it fitted perfectly

i also had a gtr front bar on the front

i didnt need to make any brackets i just used the ones that came in the kit

only thing i had to do was slightly move the drivers side horn, had to bend the bracket a little bit

I've just installed my one on Saturday with no problem, and with the assistance of stokesy and a couple of other mates.

I can't say much about the GTR bumper since I've kept my stock one.

The brackets that come with the kit, help a lot. You will have to move the horns and trim a slight bit off the reo bar.

One problem I did experience though, was the centre top attachment on the cooler didn't line up with the horn bracket as the horn bracket isn't located directly in the centre. This meant I had to cable-tie it with 5-6 cable ties (that also come with the kit). Now it sits there nice and steady.

Have a look at the pics I've attached, they're not "turtorial" style pics, but hopefully can still give you an idea. Plus, if you need a tutorial, try this one by Black Warrior;

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...rcooler+install

Cheers. :blink:

post-51176-1224627305_thumb.jpg

post-51176-1224627336_thumb.jpg

I've got one as well

have you noticed much lag due to the extra piping?

I haven't noticed lag issues at all...

After installling the kit, boost has considerably increased. In cold weather my 33 boosts around 11-12psi- and thats with the standard solenoid (no aftermarket boost controller)- dont ask me how... its nice but!

overall, response has definitely improved.

the kit was quite easy to install. I didnt use all of the brackets, nuts and other bits that came with the kit, i bolted the cooler straight up from its top bracket onto the front centre chassis bracket (that mounts horn, bonnet latch etc.), and from memory- used tech screws to mount the bottom left cooler bracket to part of the lower left vehicle chassis. It sits nice & tight, wont move without some decent force

quick snap:

sorry bout bad quality - camera phone!

post-16018-1224635452_thumb.jpg

have you noticed much lag due to the extra piping?

I have noticed only the smallest amount of lag. Then again, I'm still running stock boost so the lag effects will be minimal anyway.

One thing you will definately notice is the change in temperature between the supply and return pipes of the intercooler. After a decent drive, you'll notice the pipe coming from the turbo is f**king hot to touch where as the other pipe is significantly cooler.

Just make sure you test drive the car before putting the bumper back on... last thing you want is to put everything back together and then have a clamp come loose.

think about where the bloody pipe go's, if you by a normal kit, that you have to cut near your battery try, its exactly the same leangth. omg, how can people be so dumb. the only difference would be if you had a forward facing plenum. instead with the stealth, the intercooler pipe runs along the bottom rather than along the top near your rad. also boost will spike a bit when you install a front mount, thats what i have found anyways. best bet is to get an ebc.

think about where the bloody pipe go's, if you by a normal kit, that you have to cut near your battery try, its exactly the same leangth. omg, how can people be so dumb. the only difference would be if you had a forward facing plenum. instead with the stealth, the intercooler pipe runs along the bottom rather than along the top near your rad. also boost will spike a bit when you install a front mount, thats what i have found anyways. best bet is to get an ebc.

hahahaha i was thinking the same thing but then i thought mabey i was wrong for thinking there isn't much difference in pipe length, it just looks allot longer because you see it, it might be a little longer but nothing much longger....

anyway thanks guys what i have figured out from your pics is once i have my front kit taken off it is straight forward to install....

any more pics and close ups would be good aswell

hahahaha i was thinking the same thing but then i thought mabey i was wrong for thinking there isn't much difference in pipe length, it just looks allot longer because you see it, it might be a little longer but nothing much longger....

You'll only notice a slight bit of lag compared to your SMIC, since its piping is minimal.

There's no difference in lag between a stealth FMIC and a GT spec FMIC. Some say one set-up may have the slightest improvement over the other but then again, that's debatable.

The main reason you'd buy the stealth set-up is so you don't have to cut any holes into your baby...

i was asking due to the fact that i am tossing up between this stealth one or just buying a forward facing with a normal intercooler. no need 2 be bitchy about it. simple question. simple answer. and i got my answer b4 u posted.

hey guys where did you get your coolers from.

JustJap - comes as a complete kit, clamps, brackets, cable ties; everything you need to basically take your SMIC off and install.

i was asking due to the fact that i am tossing up between this stealth one or just buying a forward facing with a normal intercooler. no need 2 be bitchy about it. simple question. simple answer. and i got my answer b4 u posted.

its all cool were all friends in here mate...

also i'm wanting the stealth one because i'll get improvement over the side mount, but also it isn't as obvious to see, no holes being cut into the car.... from what i have rsearched there isn't much difference in getting the stealth cooler as opposed to a big brand normal fmic for twice the price or more unless you race it allot and its not the best for repeated drags.... but for a drag every once in a while, for a street car, and as a novice race car it is good enough.... also i see it would be much easier to get engineerd seing as no new holse are cut for the pipeing....

i'm going to get the stealth on saturday morning from just jap but i won't have time to fit it for a while, gives me plenty of time to plan it

by the way its going to get painted black for maximum stealth

let us know how it goes tom and chuck some pics up wen completed too!! :D

was thinking also about gettin the r34 smic and replacing the standard. have heard good results and its cheaper yet again (around 150 to 200). but then again... it doesnt have the big F**Koff frount mount look. lol

I've just installed my one on Saturday with no problem, and with the assistance of stokesy and a couple of other mates.

I can't say much about the GTR bumper since I've kept my stock one.

The brackets that come with the kit, help a lot. You will have to move the horns and trim a slight bit off the reo bar.

One problem I did experience though, was the centre top attachment on the cooler didn't line up with the horn bracket as the horn bracket isn't located directly in the centre. This meant I had to cable-tie it with 5-6 cable ties (that also come with the kit). Now it sits there nice and steady.

Have a look at the pics I've attached, they're not "turtorial" style pics, but hopefully can still give you an idea. Plus, if you need a tutorial, try this one by Black Warrior;

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...rcooler+install

Cheers. :/

Hope you turned those pipe clamp bolt heads aroundat the base of the IC.

let us know how it goes tom and chuck some pics up wen completed too!! :ninja:

was thinking also about gettin the r34 smic and replacing the standard. have heard good results and its cheaper yet again (around 150 to 200). but then again... it doesnt have the big F**Koff frount mount look. lol

i looked into that,,, not really that much better, i would have rather done that but when you look at the stats (yes its an improvement on the r33, but it will also not provide enough cold air for the turbo and shit if i high flow the turbo and increase the boost or get a bigger turbo) I just thought i'd get it done once instead of one day having to put an fmic anyway later down the track..... but hell yeah i will post pics and if i'm successfull with it i'll be sure to help other with there one.

Aussi13 wanna do yours and mine at the same time???

Tom if i had the money id be down at justjap now buying it and we could do them together. but lack of funds is killing me... and the fact that im in dire need of a new clutch which will drain more from my non existant money. lol. sorry mate.

anyway i picked it up, didn't get a discount..... found out a couple hours before a friend get his for $50 cheaper with sau discount, which i showed my sau card..... so wtf???? the build quality and finish of the cooler is pretty poor, especially for the price, i'd expect a $299-399 price tag at maximum with the build quality of this fmic. for another $100 on top i could have got a brand name cooler with the same style pipeing with a much better finish and doesn't look like its going to fall apart....

either way i'm going to compare with my friends to see if i got a one off example, honestly the thing looks ugly and is way overpriced for what i got, i really expected it to be better than it is.... but at the end of the day aslong as it does the job well i'll live with it.

still pissed how they treat different customers with different rules, especially in this scene where word spreads quick and everyone knows one another.... and i'm polite when i meet people, and have already spent over $1000 with jj before this purchase on pipes, cat and a gtr indicator that i had no choice but to pay through the nose... still just having a winge, overall ive had good experince with them but just felt that this time i wasn't wanted on the premises, and got alittle ripped off..... and no i didnt turn up 5 minutes before they closed, it was an hour before they closed.