SAU Community

Is This A Decent Deal?

reykavik

I've have a 1998 Stagea Series 2 available to me for $16,000 on the road with 12 months reg. It has 70,000kms and is pretty much stock as a rock. Other added bonus is its a manual! Is this a decent deal? I'm new to the world of Stagea's/Skylines so go easy!

5733B58B950E444086F93A2424FF61A4.jpg

Um, without knowing a little more about the car, its kinda hard for us to give you a balanced opinion, but $16K for a RSFour S is a pretty sweet price (if the car is in good nick) With the state of the yen ATM I doubt very much that you could even import one for that.

More pics maybe?

I beleive you are getting this from Ben (Brighton Bikes and Bits) up in Brighton? I brought my S2 Prime Edition from him and he's very good

did you ask if they are legit k/m's (that's the only concern I have) but having dealed with him, he would told you straight up

16k for a RS-Four S?? that is damn great value and with reg as well that's a bonus

One last question...did you take the photo's yourself or are they from the ad (just that the engine bay pic doesn't have any compliance tags) (it's most likely passed compliance by now)

Edited by BigDirtyJase

I beleive you are getting this from Ben (Brighton Bikes and Bits) up in Brighton? I brought my S2 Prime Edition from him and he's very good

did you ask if they are legit k/m's (that's the only concern I have) but having dealed with him, he would told you straight up

16k for a RS-Four S?? that is damn great value and with reg as well that's a bonus

One last question...did you take the photo's yourself or are they from the ad (just that the engine bay pic doesn't have any compliance tags) (it's most likely passed compliance by now)

Yeah I am, he's actually a very good friend. No didn't take the pics, they're off the advert... I drove it last night and it seemed damn nice.

I think i'm going to jump in!

all my compliance stuff is in the door, i heard they do that now something to do with front cuts etc....anyways i think its a really good price if its all in good nik. I paid about 16k to import my own rs-four-s a few months ago, but that price isnt including rego so yeh seems like a good price. my car has the touch screen unit though and a hks exhaust, but a few more k's than this one....glad i imported mine when i did cos if i did it now it would cost me about 21k....huge difference

open the oil cap (on the rocker cover) and look inside and see if it all looks clean and shiney and the oil is mint and give it a clutch kick in third under hard load to make sure the clutch isnt on the way out . they like a grand for the clutch and quite a bit of labour to replace .

I just find really hard to deal that I have 18k for my car and now they are down to 15....I guess that what happens when you brought it in Januray this year.

I paid 18.5k for mine (with the BBS RG-R Rims) but I can't complain...that was the going rate for a S2 and it was a Prime Edition (electric & leather seats, seat warmers, "woodgrain" interior). manuals back then were still 22-25k

oh..well..can't cry now...still happy

i got my RS4s through ben a year ago... cant complain about a thing with him but cant say the same for the compliance joint he uses... i told them to have some minor rust repaired properly, paid them $500 to do it and when i got the car it looked like they'd just painted over it... sure enough, a month or so later, guess what started to show through the new paint. it's now bubbled through again.

but oh well..... $16 000 is about what i paid for mine in the end, 81 000k, twin sunnies... just needed coil packs and the rust done.

my advice - check all usual rust spots before and after comliance(if not already done)

D.

i got my RS4s through ben a year ago... cant complain about a thing with him but cant say the same for the compliance joint he uses... i told them to have some minor rust repaired properly, paid them $500 to do it and when i got the car it looked like they'd just painted over it... sure enough, a month or so later, guess what started to show through the new paint. it's now bubbled through again.

but oh well..... $16 000 is about what i paid for mine in the end, 81 000k, twin sunnies... just needed coil packs and the rust done.

my advice - check all usual rust spots before and after comliance(if not already done)

D.

near the mirrors? in august? think i looked at it

The stock clutch will hang on as long as you dont launch the car and abuse it. My held with 265 rwkw and I only replaced it because I knew I would have to soon enough anyway.

I had a cushion button installed and it was approx 1200 plus install which is usually 400, a heavy duty was approx 1000 plus install.

I am VERY happy with the clutch I bough I can dial the revs right up and dump the clutch and she hangs on very well!!!

The price is quite good, I paid over 20 on the road 12 months ago but I didnt mind paying a bit more because it is immaculate and has been a perfect car ever since.

near the mirrors? in august? think i looked at it

my rust was on the top of the strut towers and in the front pass side of the bonnet... nothing visable at mirrors and hardly any under them

D.