SAU Community

Weather Shields, Yes Or No

L.B.

ok I took a closer look and it seems apart from clips theres a shitload of glue holding them in there .. but I can't work out if the rubber seals around the door frame are completely in tact or not. Does anyone know if the rubber seals on the roof get taken out when you put in the shields ?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got mine from supercheap, just go and ask them for the weathershield clips separatly. you probably have to wait a week or 2.

Great, I'll go there and ask, thanks for that.

ok I took a closer look and it seems apart from clips theres a shitload of glue holding them in there .. but I can't work out if the rubber seals around the door frame are completely in tact or not. Does anyone know if the rubber seals on the roof get taken out when you put in the shields ?

If you have double sided tape (should use that when installing weathershields in first place, just gently remove it.

Rubber seals on door, you can pull them out. I'd suggest hairdryer to soften them first and pull the windshields before resorting to remove the rubber thing on above the door.

If all doesn't make sense, I'll take some photos and try to explain properly.

Cheers

Grant

were your roof/door rubber seals damaged or was the car 'good to go' once you took of the shields and the adhesive? I'm just worried about having no rubber seals if i remove the weathershields

were your roof/door rubber seals damaged or was the car 'good to go' once you took of the shields and the adhesive? I'm just worried about having no rubber seals if i remove the weathershields

i used a lil razor to scrape the bits off that wouldnt peel off but they weren't too bad, not noticable from far away...the seals should be fine if ur careful take ur time with it i'd say