SAU Community

Weather Shields, Yes Or No

L.B.

my car came with a pair , but they are falling apart. cant say they are doing what they meant to as they are really small slim ones not like the ones on camry (those one on camry really block the rain with window opens).

anyone have xperience with weather shield? i m not sure if i should keep them or take them off

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please, no offence.. but do the skyline some justice and rip those eye sores off..

Dunno' why they would stick them on a Skyline!

Its just a cosmetic no no!

:D

MRXTCZ

had them on mine wen i first got it. they were all cracked and dalling apart and they were the first things to come off :D

but wen u pull them off theres some uuuuuuuugly double sided foam shit that stays on the lining around the window. alot of work to get it all off. use Wax and Grease Remover, soak it into the stuff, use a plastic scraper and work work work. lol

mine still looks bad.

but it looks better than having the pissy lil weather shields on.

had them on mine wen i first got it. they were all cracked and dalling apart and they were the first things to come off :D

but wen u pull them off theres some uuuuuuuugly double sided foam shit that stays on the lining around the window. alot of work to get it all off. use Wax and Grease Remover, soak it into the stuff, use a plastic scraper and work work work. lol

mine still looks bad.

but it looks better than having the pissy lil weather shields on.

this is the only reason im thinkin of keeping them , as i hate to get rid of those residual. looks hard enoguh for me to not think about it.

anyone knows where i can get those clip thingy for the shields , ive checked most of the big names automotive store, nothing that small.

Personally i think theres a ting of JDM feel with those shields. but yea it will only looks good if them shields are in good condition , if they arent in good condition , best to get rid of them.

MRGTT: ill let u know if i wanna sell them , at this stage im keeping them. tho i think you can get them from yahoo japan?

I've got them on my 33, got offered cash for them but said no thanks. I think they blend in well, and are handy for leaving your window down 1cm on warm days when there is a chance it might rain.

well they cant be that big cuz if you look closely you wouldn't be able to open the door without hitting, but im guessing they are there because there is no frame on the window.

Because there is no frame in the window the wind can get in behind it, if it is strong and you are going fast it can flex your window outwards. Not sure if this would be the case on a skyline but is for other model vehicles.

I love the weather shilds on the ceffy (being a grandpa car and all). Just gotta tint em black to make em blend with the car a bit better.

My driver side one ripped right off on a Melbourne to Sydney drive tho, so on the lookout for a replacement.

Dunno about the ones on the skyline... being a frameless door design it kinda wrecks the effect.

Are they the things that go above the window or whatever? I got some on my car, i'm going to get them taken off when my car gets resprayed. I was just gonna chuck mine out, but if anyone wants them they can have them lol.

Edited by Tyson 1990