SAU Community

An Amicable Discussion On P Platers And The Law.

blaizer

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats bullshit. So anyone with a turbo car when this comes in will have it confiscated (Even though they did nothing wrong) and have it sold? And all proceeds going towards road trauma? Last time I checked, high powered cars arent the ones causing the trauma. Plus, how about putting some of the huge amounts of money taken from speed camera's into the same thing? This new law is shit, just trying to look like their doing something :(

just to clarify, if this goes through. and ur caught for "hoon law" and your NOT a p-plater your car will also be sold?

i garuntee im nto a good driver.not as experienced as an adult or who ever.a better way to go about it is to have power restrictions now item restrictions. if a cop ays have you got a turbo .you say yes.they give you some ticket to go get it dynoed.simple if its excessive of what ever they make the limit.you get fined (or some other penalty) if not its all good. and id love to have a non turbo silvia or skyline for a first car.but what about whne ive finished my p's and want more kick?i dont want to ahve to spend all the money to get a turbo put in.and by then silvias wud b an out of date car meaning id be losing money.

its funny though coz wen im off my p plates itll sound liek a good idea and someone else will come alogn with the same complaint LOL

Your first sentence should have sealed this argument dude.

Spend a copuple of years becoming a good road driver....then worry about the performance car and track racing. :(

omg I'd like to see them try sell an 'unsuspecting' parents car. FFS as if they would attempt this. Imagine the amount of law suits the labour govt would create. I can see it now, P-plater takes car, gets caught hooning, car confiscated, only way out is to say child stole it!!

This wont happen.

I did hear today that the laws will effect 'red' p-platers, but that is just here-say.

yeah i reckon its a good idea as well i had a turbo car on my first year of ps and it wasnt a smart idea cause i had no idea of how much power i was driving to a standard 4 cylinder but thats just my opinon

^^

dude, im sure their just gonna copy the eastern state laws.......

doubt you will have to sell it

Lets hope so... otherwise I'm gonna have to lend the car to my mum until my P goes off & I'll be forced to drive her mum-mobile...

NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!! :(

i know what party not to vote for now....

liberal stooge ftw lol

I know which party I'll be writing cursing notes for on the voting papers... usually its just a blank donkey vote, but this time... :laugh:

So lets saying im a P Plater and driving a car that i have just got a loan from the bank of $10k for. I get picked up doing something silly and they sell the car under the new laws.

Who now pays the balance? The car is basically the banks property. Ill stop paying the loan, they cant repossess the car as i dont have it. Bank will lose alot of money and just accpet this?

Is that not the same as buying a car thats encumbered? Sure i can buy it but if the balance is not paid, the bank has the right to repossess the car as the property is theirs?

Am i wrong?

nope, totally correct Brad.

no third party can sell someone else's property if they don't have an invested interest. And the cops do not.

Edited by StageaGirl

i garuntee im nto a good driver

All I can guarantee is that you're not a good speller... :sleep:

For the most part, I agree on both points.

New drivers need to learn traffic rules, they need practice and experience driving with other cars ont he road in obedience to road laws.

New drivers also need to be better educated in how to handle a car, how to control a car in volatile conditions, and how react in situations where there is minimal/no control.

However, I consider P-Plate restrictions as draconian, ineffective, a worthless and frustrating 'patch-fix'. Personally, I believe it to be one step closer to communism...

Worst f**king legislation yet. I worked damn hard to save up for my GTS-T (my god damn dream car) and now I get to watch as the government takes that all away? f**k you, Carpenter. And yeah good luck selling the parents' cars.

has anyone heard about all this new shit the governments saying how if labour gets into power their going to ban p plates driving 6 cylinders or turbo cars?

its bullshit coz now the money weve been saving is going to get spent on something we dont want.

any thoughts?

This brings my hatred for the government by another step up, 1st its that gay internet filter & now this?!

I got the turbo 33 as my 1st car soon after I got my Ps (was like 2wks after I got my Ps to be exact) & it has being almost a year since & I have yet to get even a speeding fine, while this family friend I know already got several speeding tickets in his 1st month of his P & his not even driving a turbo, just a gutless excel.

I don't push my luck when driving the 33, I drive it just the same way I do with the VN & Camry (that I used on my Ls); nice & slow, not that hard to do...

Goes to show that not everyone who drives turbos + have Ps are morons.

you will easily find loop holes all throught

I'm interested in this as well... can you explain/pm :sleep: more in detail lol

Edited by Mayuri Krab

Oh cool - I'm glad I'm old and have only a supporting opinion for this! :P

LOL +1 :sleep:

So lets saying im a P Plater and driving a car that i have just got a loan from the bank of $10k for. I get picked up doing something silly and they sell the car under the new laws.

Who now pays the balance? The car is basically the banks property. Ill stop paying the loan, they cant repossess the car as i dont have it. Bank will lose alot of money and just accpet this?

Is that not the same as buying a car thats encumbered? Sure i can buy it but if the balance is not paid, the bank has the right to repossess the car as the property is theirs?

Am i wrong?

If the laws came into effect, the banks would likely not lend a P plater 10k to buy a turbo car (as it would be breaking the law).