SAU Community

180rwkw On 12psi Gtr

BillyMako

I just got the car tuned today at Hi Tech Dyno.

Boost was put up from 9psi to 12psi and made a little over 180rwkw.

I have a cat back exhaust, the rest stock. Also the electronic boost controller is not stable.

I think i have marked the correct boost settings. Bottom one is on low which spikes then goes back down.

My next plan is to replace the stock front pipe and replace the stock air box with air pod intakes plus a better boost controller.

post-23124-1226401889_thumb.jpg

well airbox & pipes will be fine

There is another reason your not making power, cat perhaps or inexperienced workshop? could be dyno settings even but realistically you should be 200-220rwkw

Im running GT-SS admittedly, but i'm making 250rwkw @ 12psi - stock GTR dumps (not R34)

Before that i made 250rwkw on 1bar with the stock ECU & compliance cat...

Plenty of people running 240-250rwkw @ 1bar on the stock ECU/turbos etc, so you shouldn't be too far behind

Have i marked the correct lines for the boost? low and high?

What gains should i get with an upgraded front pipe and better cat than compliance cat and pods and boost controller?

Edited by BillyMako

looks like uve marked the right lines... but noticed the speed???

was it done in 3rd gear??? surely that cant be 4th gear...

i think the dyno operators messed up ur run

Have you run a car up in 3rd and 4th? It really makes no difference to power at the end of the day.

Edited by GTR1993

please stop looking @ ebay

For $150 - i CANNOT be good regardless of rating

y not???? aslong as it all lines up, just use plenty of exhaust cement to make sure it doesnt leak,,,after all its just a tube of steel... worst case scenario you loose $150 on a dodgey product, maby even get a refund if you threten to leave bad feed back.... in the end you could end up saving hundreds on a brand named equivalent...............

and a gtr on 12psi should be running way above 180kw,,,, my gtst with just an exhaust got 160rwkw... with the standard actuator i can only boost it to 10psi and i recon i get atleast 180kw (feels like it anyway)...

maby your engine has had a hard life or the dyno guys did a dodgey job

From what I know, Hi Tech is run by John Keen who used to (think he still does) race professionally and has worked on many race cars over the years... Always see race spec porches in his workshop and some pretty mad imports.

So as far as the workshop goes they have a pretty solid reputation. Give them a call and ask to talk to John Keen himself, pretty sure he'd be able to sort it out and give you plenty of feedback. He doesn't beat around the bush and is very straight forward with anything mechanical.

But beware, his work isn't always the cheapest. But guess that's the price you pay for quality mechanics.

From what I know, Hi Tech is run by John Keen who used to (think he still does) race professionally and has worked on many race cars over the years... Always see race spec porches in his workshop and some pretty mad imports.

So as far as the workshop goes they have a pretty solid reputation. Give them a call and ask to talk to John Keen himself, pretty sure he'd be able to sort it out and give you plenty of feedback. He doesn't beat around the bush and is very straight forward with anything mechanical.

But beware, his work isn't always the cheapest. But guess that's the price you pay for quality mechanics.

he has a nice dyno setup and certainly knows how to strap the car on for max traction,

but seems to struggle with ebc setups

10 minutes dyno time = $200 WTF?

and this was on several occasions

never again.

hmm 180 Awkw's doesnt sound that bad or is that 180 rwkw??

my R33 gtr was only making 210awkw @17 psi with a new greddy boost controller, pfc, dumps cat back, air intake,cp pistons

so 180kw doesnt sound that bad for only 12 psi, unless there is something wrong with my car too.

:)

what should i get just by adding a power fc?

powerfc SHOULD jump it by about 20-30 rwkw

I bought mine comletly stock and added a catback exhaust. Got it dynoed and it got 189 rwkw.

Eventually added front pipes, powerfc and cam gears and dynoed at 250rwkw @ 13psi. (on a not too aggressive tune too )

I gotta add, my car did come fitted with a high flow cat.