SAU Community

Rear Main Oil Leak.

116.hks

The engine was fully rebuilt roughly a year ago and has only done 11000 kms in that time. I am having trouble with the rear main leaking. I have know replaced it twice, but keeps on weeping. The mechanic up the road from work said that i'll always have trouble with it sealing, due to the power its putting out and the design of turbo engines. It's nothing special, just the usual mods to produce over 400 at the wheels. Has anyone had problems before with this. Any info would be great as it's driving me crazy.

It is likely the original seal became hard and wore a groove in the surface of the crank. You need to remove the seal and put on a speedy sleeve. This will make the surface of the rear crank journal flat again. It should not leak after that

Not that massive a job, just make sure you seat teh speedy sleeve far enough on the crank that it doesn'a intefere with the flywheel. Could also be caused by blowby causing crankcase pressure to push the seal out.

I don't think its blowby as the motor is basically brand new still. I will try a speedy sleeve and see how that goes. Any suggestions on where i could get one?