SAU Community

Nissan Y34 Cedric - Introduction

sbyder

Does anyone know how or if the sat nav can be changed to aus maps?

try pm'ing chris rogers on this forum, he does the conversions on all the V35 skylines and stuff, if it uses the same software then it might be possible, he lives over east though but at least its a start

yeah chis will be able to do the job. These Y34's come with 3 different versions of dash screens and firmware, so cost will vary.

I attempted to fit a boost bleed valve to my Silver Y34 but couldnt notice any change in PSI. There is a vacuum hose and connection near the passenger headlight which i believe is the boost control solenoid. Remove it and plumb in your bleeder and it "should" work.

• 4 weeks later...

Sourcing or repairing my black VIP's CVT is near impossible and extremely expensive, and of course it'll only fail again in time.

So my option was to convert to the 'normal' auto found in the gloria/cedric. I've had issues finding appropriate boxes/donor cars, so I have sourced a replacement engine & transmission.

This will be Australia's only RB25DET 4WD Y34 and possibly the worlds 1st VIP leather packed RB25DET. The RB25 cedric/gloria is not able to be imported as no one has the emissions report. As my car is already complied and has been registered, i can swap it over and have it engineered.

The 4WD setup will mean massive suspension changes on my car, but im hoping everything will bolt up between the 2 chassis. If i cant get it to work, then I'll remove the shafts and transfer case and make it RWD only.

The good news is someone will be able to buy my VQ30DET engine :D

Updates as they come to hand.

post-50241-1253266203_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1253266235_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

been a few weeks and i've stripped the cut down and removed the dash and the engine with the subframe attached from the chassis. Next step is to do the same to my car. Already hit a snag though. The RB25DET has the transfer case, and my transmission tunnel doesnt have the nice big opening for it to fit in. Might have to chop it out and swap it over with mine. Another headache!

Anyone want a VQ30DET? Mine will be for sale. $2500 firm.

post-50241-1254986412_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1254986420_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1254986426_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1254986434_thumb.jpg

post-50241-1254986729_thumb.jpg

that would involve a custom tailshaft, different ECU and possibly loom, RWD sump and change of all the suspension components.

I'm going to keep the FWD components and just remove the front driveshaft, so when/if someone wants, they can get the rear actuator gear and ECU and make it 4WD.

that would involve a custom tailshaft, different ECU and possibly loom, RWD sump and change of all the suspension components.

I'm going to keep the FWD components and just remove the front driveshaft, so when/if someone wants, they can get the rear actuator gear and ECU and make it 4WD.

Ah didn't realise it was auto. Good luck with it.

• 2 weeks later...

well, the wiring for the automatic shifter is done. The AC lines and water lines are done. The cluster is in and wired up. The ECU and body loom mods are done. Tailshaft has been swapped and new brakcets made. ABS sensors swapped. Now i need to work out how much of the tunnel needs modifying to fit the transfer case in, then its a bolt up, fluids and start.

More info when it comes to hand.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. Sorry its been ages since i have posted in here.

Have been a busy boy.

Have installed coilovers and put my wheels on my little boy.

Will prob do a Build Up Thread on my boy.

( most expensive car i have ever bought coilovers for). $4171.00 For JIC coilovers. I know its heaps and everyone could get cheaper but meh. They are in. It's sitting pretty and i love it.

Have had so many compliments on the thing.

Anywho once i get home from work and upload the pics to my comp i will start a build up thread.

K Thanx Bye.,

Brenton

My black cedric drives again! Just have to make an exhaust for it, swap the dif over from the donor cut and its complete.

Then i need to find some rims and rego. Its been a long haul and i dont recommend it to anyone, but at least it will be unique and easy to modify engine wise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cedrics and glorias are nice cars. I would buy one, but they are not popular and big problems to sell them, unless very cheap. Do you guys think they will ever become as popular as skylines?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...