SAU Community

R32 Gearbox Removal. On the floor.

Bleach1

I know this has been asked a few times but the search didnt really show up alot. I am doing a clutch on an r32 next weekend and will be doing the job with the car up on 4 axle stands. I have taken plenty of boxes out in my time but all with the car up on a hoist at work. How have some people here managed to take out the gearbox? it looks fkn heavy on an r33, i havent yet looked at the r32. I have a pretty good quality blue point trolley jack i was thinking of trying to use. Does anyone know of any hire places that would hire out the floor transmission jacks?

yeah the R33 box was an absolute biatch to put back in and we were on ramps

u should have to twist the box to get it in/out of underneath the car due to the starter motor housing being large so u just cant rip it straight out

im pretty sure this would be the same as the r32 box as they look similar in design

i always do then on the floor with the car on 4 stands , i did the gtr i just use a trolley jack heavy but not hard it helps if u have somei=one to help u though to steady the box on the jack . when i did a landcruiser ( very heavy ) i chained the box on the jack so it wouldnt twist .

robo's i use old input shafts to line mine but u can buy a tool if u want from supercheap or other retailers ( not expensive ).

robo's does u r r33 have a push or pull clutch ? r33 gtr is a pull clutch .