SAU Community

Selling And Buying

UWISSH!

i recently went to purchase a carbon fibre cam cover and coil cover from a member on these forums.

i paid him my money gave him my address and other details

he says he sent the items through aus post two weeks ago and i still havnt received anything. the items wer being sent from qld to nsw.

ive come to the conclusion that im never going to get these parts for which i have paid for and he says that he has sent them.

should i b entitled to getting my money back because i never got what i paid for???

im not buying the "lost in the mail" crap coz who would of honestly of known what these parts where for unless they ownd a gtr. these parts had no idication on them that they wer for an rb26

his excuse is

you paid for the good, i boxed them, addressed it to you, took it to Australia Post, handed it over and paid for the postage. Once that is done, it's then out of my hands and no longer my responsibility.

I sent the goods and how it gets to you is not of my interest or business as it was handed to Australia Post to deal with.

the members name is JJay.

yeh i paid via bank account so ive got his details and all

im not gona travel up there coz it wouldnt b worth it in the end

i just want my money back coz i never got anything for it and he totaly doesnt wana comply coz its "not his fault"

ask for him to post up reciept of postage at least? is it a big item? might be sitting at your nearest post office cause there was no one at home at the time to accept it? then again i think thats only for reg mail isnt it.

+1 for reciept.

yeh i already asked him to show me a copy and his reply was

"sorry mate i dont keep receipts"

if there was no1 home they leave a small note saying to pick it up

anyway in my opinion this guy is full os Sh#t, and doesnt wana cooperate buy giving me my money back

He should of kept the receipt as some kind of a back up to what he is saying... you should of got it sent by registered or express post instead of stinging out with the postage. Now its just your words versus his words - if you paid by Paypal and didnt receive the goods they'd probably rule in your favour because he couldnt come up with a receipt.

+1 for paypal.. i know it's costs extra.. but if they sting you and you drop a complaint.. they hold the money.. makes them more inclined to send your parts/help you out cause it could be months before they see their money.. and with no proof of sending you'd get ur money back..

that said.. i can understand why he's not so inclined to help.. it's a brick wall trying to find a post parcel with aust post.. they useless.. try ringing aust post and asking if there is a package at ur nearest post office.. or ask them to check the DC (Distribution Centre) cause sometimes they are stuck there too.. and no sometimes they try delivering an item but don't leave a note.. cause they contractors and some are just lazy/stupid

Quite often, Registered Mail costs only a couple of bucks extra...

with the security of a 'tracking #' . This then gives you all the info you need on

i) when and where the ETD was and

ii) when and where the ETA is, at your end

You know for sure that 'the dog didn't eat it'!

Yes I meant the dog on 2 legs as well as 4!

Tez

So you blindly EFT'd money into someone's account that you don't know?

Oh dear...

ha...well you could say all my transactions here have been like that. Though i do check to see how long theyve been a member and see if they have some trader feedback but at the end of the day im still sending money to someone i dont know.

P.s is there a way to make it compulsory to leave trader feedback, i dont know how. Ive had a few transactions where i havent been left any in return which leaves me short changed.

Yeah but if someone has a decent trader rating, is a member of one of the state clubs (etc etc) then i dont really call that EFT'in to no-one as plenty of people know and catchup with those people and are a part of the 'community' as such.

Its EFT'ing to people who only come here to sell, limited posts, no trader rating etc etc. You can tell dodgy people a mile away.

I get PM's abou dodgy people week in, week out. And 99% of the time it could be avoided if the buyer used some basic common sense (or COD :))

Trader rating - No way to force, and it shouldnt be forced. Ask the person if they will leave, if they do then great :)

I'd also wait a couple more weeks and if it still hasn't come, then you can post up a -VE Trader Rating.

That's what it's for...

I'd keep comments factual though and not emotional.

Yeah but if someone has a decent trader rating, is a member of one of the state clubs (etc etc) then i dont really call that EFT'in to no-one as plenty of people know and catchup with those people and are a part of the 'community' as such.

Its EFT'ing to people who only come here to sell, limited posts, no trader rating etc etc. You can tell dodgy people a mile away.

I get PM's abou dodgy people week in, week out. And 99% of the time it could be avoided if the buyer used some basic common sense (or COD :) )

Trader rating - No way to force, and it shouldnt be forced. Ask the person if they will leave, if they do then great ;)

so u go and meet everyone before you buy stuff off then then???

uve never bought sumthing off sumone u dont know huh????

also alot of people on here dont have trader rating coz people are lazy and dont leave feed back so that is no way to tell if sumone is genuine or not

99% of people on here are genuine honest people so its kinda hard to spot that 1% of shit people

ive learnt my lesson now to always use registered post and for those who said i was stingy on postage, i was told a price for the goods and i paid up, nothing was mentioned about postage details because everyone i have ever known has sent goods via registered post so assumed that that was the way it was being done