SAU Community

2006 M35

sleeper393

im looking at importing the latest possable, m35 axis autech ,maybe 2006 ? why are there so many conflicting stories , 2003 model lineup are the same yes ? so where is the problem , same engine , drive train , maybe afew different asthetic features , but ?????

Emissions regulations tightened at the start of 2004 in Australia, so that effectively rules out anything later if you want a turbo model. They are still working on getting them through at the moment, but having enormous difficulties.

Nissan did make a 3.5 litre NA model, so you'd have to convince a workshop to do the evidence for them if you're keen enough and patient enough.

Edited by Iron Chef

Emissions regulations tightened at the start of 2004 in Australia, so that effectively rules out anything later if you want a turbo model. They are still working on getting them through at the moment, but having enormous difficulties.

Nissan did make a 3.5 litre NA model, so you'd have to convince a workshop to do the evidence for them if you're keen enough and patient enough.

SHIT !!!!!! SO CANT THE MOTOR BE ALTERED TO MEET EMISSIONS

SHIT !!!!!! SO CANT THE MOTOR BE ALTERED TO MEET EMISSIONS

Mate, I would suggest that you do a little research on this forum and have a look at what a couple of us are going thru with these VQ25DET motors. One person has just had a succesful court case against an import workshop for providing false info. We are now on the same path (unfortunately) and are seeking a judgement against the import broker. On top of all the money we forked out for the car we are now faced with about $10G's for a court case as well. 20 months we have been trying to get this bloody car thru emissions and I seriously doubt if it ever will!

Do your homework bud and don't become another victim.

cheers

Muz

Edited by Muz

Mate, I would suggest that you do a little research on this forum and have a look at what a couple of us are going thru with these VQ25DET motors. One person has just had a succesful court case against an import workshop for providing false info. We are now on the same path (unfortunately) and are seeking a judgement against the import broker. On top of all the money we forked out for the car we are now faced with about $10G's for a court case as well. 20 months we have been trying to get this bloody car thru emissions and I seriously doubt if it ever will!

Do your homework bud and don't become another victim.

cheers

Muz

hmm, I was of the understanding that your car had the VQ35DE. Or was that the other court case?

Nope both have the "dirty VQ25DET". Mine is an AR-X 2004 model and the other one was an Autech Axis.

cheers

Soooo, where do we sit with the VQ35DE?

I was of the understanding that could not be complied either.

And the VQ35 models came in manual too - I've been tempted for a while now...

So am I, rear wheel drive but not cheap last time I looked and now F#@KING expensive, then they have emissions to sort as well, they will pass just different test for Manuals and Auto which doubles the price. It will happen but the market needs to stabilise a lot more.