SAU Community

Taking Off Gtt R34 Front Bumper

viet_boi

Thought I'd take some pictures of taking off my front bumper and make a Tutorial so its easier for other people to give it a shot. so here we go.

1.) Get a flat head screw driver, poke it into the gap of the front indicator (where arrow shows) and pop out the indicator.

1.jpg

2.) There are 5 plastic screws where the grill is, which are easy as popping them up and pulling them out.

2.jpg

3.) 2 screws that hold the body kit onto the fender, one is right at the edge of the bumper, and the other is in the middle which is kind of hard to get too, needa squeeze your hand under or through the cover to get too it.

3.jpg

4.) After those are done, you'd need to push the edges of the front bumper down to clear the little clip that holds in in the middle (Circled in blue).

4.jpg

5.) your bumper should slip off easy and look like picture under. (to fit back on just reverse the process)

End.jpg

After doing all this, looking at installing a fmic never looked any easier :D

Thanks for your time.

• Like 1

Just one thing that I did differently when I took our off was I took the indicator light/globe out of the holder from behind instead of putting a screw driver near the paint. (showen in step 1.)

You can the leave the whole holder assembly in the bar and then remove it if needed when the bar is off the car it is much easier and you should then avoid all possibilty of any paint damage.

You will also need to remove about a dozen bolts underneath the bar as well that hold the drip tray on and the inner gaurds on.

Other than that great write up

Edited by bigafoot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"...the other is in the middle which is kind of hard to get too, needa squeeze your hand under or through the cover to get too it."

Man I am having serious trouble getting my hand (with spanner attached) to that screw. I'm just ripping my arm to shreds. Any special tips on an easy way to do it without losing too much blood?

• 1 month later...
"...the other is in the middle which is kind of hard to get too, needa squeeze your hand under or through the cover to get too it."

Man I am having serious trouble getting my hand (with spanner attached) to that screw. I'm just ripping my arm to shreds. Any special tips on an easy way to do it without losing too much blood?

Sorry about the late reply, I am hardly on the forums now due to selling my skylines awhile ago..

but to your question, you could take the cover off (Plastic surrounds around the front wheel) there's only couple plastic screws holding it in, 2 on the bottom and 2 in the guards from memory, as soon as you take that off getting to that middle screw will be and ease and you wont have to squeeze in, this takes longer to take off the front bumper and more things to put back on.

• 1 month later...

just took mine off, one thing i came accross if your front bar hasnt been off before there will be 10x 10mm screws holding on the plastic mud guard thingos running the full length of the bar. :(

• 4 months later...

My inner plastic guard is basically stopping me from getting to the screws holding the front bar on near the tyres.

I can' t even get a finger through let alone a screw driver. Any tips for 34 GTR or is it different to GTT as far as removal technique?