SAU Community

Taking Off Gtt R34 Front Bumper

viet_boi

My inner plastic guard is basically stopping me from getting to the screws holding the front bar on near the tyres.

I can' t even get a finger through let alone a screw driver. Any tips for 34 GTR or is it different to GTT as far as removal technique?

There's like 3 screws underneath your front bumper holding onto the mud guard, and a couple along the front fender, after undoing those, you should be able to pull the mud guard open a little, just enough to undo the 2 screws holding onto the front bar.

Worse comes to worse, just completely take off the mud guards and leave it off :P

• 1 month later...

Thanks heaps for the tutorial viet_boi! Clear and easy to follow, just take your time if you haven't done it before.

... you could take the cover off (Plastic surrounds around the front wheel) there's only couple plastic screws holding it in, 2 on the bottom and 2 in the guards from memory, as soon as you take that off getting to that middle screw will be and ease and you wont have to squeeze in, this takes longer to take off the front bumper and more things to put back on.

My inner plastic guard is basically stopping me from getting to the screws holding the front bar on near the tyres.

I can' t even get a finger through let alone a screw driver. Any tips for 34 GTR or is it different to GTT as far as removal technique?

I definitely recommend loosening the plastic guards first, getting to the two front bar side bolts is heaps easier then. Just pop out the plastic clip in the middle of the guard and that should allow you to get through to the bolts. If not, there's another clip further back down low that you can remove, too. I also had to turns the front wheels away from the side I was undoing to get some clearance.

just took mine off, one thing i came accross if your front bar hasnt been off before there will be 10x 10mm screws holding on the plastic mud guard thingos running the full length of the bar. :(

Be careful with these, I had a rusted one that I tried to force, which ripped the whole metal clip with the nut off the front bar... Get the easy ones off first and then put a spanner through to hold on to the nut for the tough ones.

And remember, this is the easy part of the intercooler install :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks for this did this on the weekend,

Apart from the screws in the inner guards being a bitch to get to and some of my screws under the front bumper rusted to the point where it just broke off all went well lol :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...