SAU Community

wheels 50th anniversary r32 poster

coco69

not sure where my friend got it from, but he gave it to me today.

a reprint in poster form of the 1989 july front cover of wheels magazine. it's got a red 32 gtr, title: SKYLINE SUPERCAR!, and overall very retro looking.

not sure if its old news or wat, but it looks cool to add to the walls of my already car filled bedroom.

just thought i'd share. :)

cheers.

I've got that poster too. I'm gonna have it framed.

Its the sort of thing you won't find very often because the domestic car magazines never mention the Skyline any more.

Its as if the whole Skyline episode has left an open wound in the domestic car racing scene and the motoring press don't wanna rub salt into it. You can see this when anytime some writes to Wheels or Motor magazines asking why they don't run articles about Skylines or other imports. The editor just fobs them off saying that there are other publications for that so look elsewhere.

It has become a dirty little secret and a skeleton in the closet. You can feel the shame when its spoken of by Holden and Ford affiliates. The Skyline couldn't be beaten so they changed the rules so it couldn't play anymore.

Its the worst case of sour grapes I've ever seen and it will forever eat away at the conscience of the descision makers and supporters who instigated it.

The poster represents more than just history. It is a beacon to all which is just and true in this world.

Its the sort of thing you won't find very often because the domestic car magazines never mention the Skyline any more.  

Its as if the whole Skyline episode has left an open wound in the domestic car racing scene and the motoring press don't wanna rub salt into it. You can see this when anytime some writes to Wheels or Motor magazines asking why they don't run articles about Skylines or other imports. The editor just fobs them off saying that there are other publications for that so look elsewhere.  

It has become a dirty little secret and a skeleton in the closet. You can feel the shame when its spoken of by Holden and Ford affiliates. The Skyline couldn't be beaten so they changed the rules so it couldn't play anymore.  

Its the worst case of sour grapes I've ever seen and it will forever eat away at the conscience of the descision makers and supporters who instigated it.  

The poster represents more than just history. It is a beacon to all which is just and true in this world.

:werd: NISSAN is a dirty word in Australian motorsport, all because they were too damn good. Now in anything else, people would just accept that, but where Aussie pride gets in the way of just plain common sense then its stupid.

Originally posted by predator666

:werd: NISSAN is a dirty word in Australian motorsport, all because they were too damn good. Now in anything else, people would just accept that, but where Aussie pride gets in the way of just plain common sense then its stupid.

http://www.angelfire.com/ms/touringcar/bat...rstresults.html

i was bored at work

looked it up because of the motorsport reference and i remembered skaife winning in a GTR

I dont know about the accuracy of this site but looking at the times, the gtrs time in 1991 still hasn't been beaten.

I heard from a Targa Competitor that all the rules were changing around enxt year the Porsche's may not be eligible to compete... or they were going to do a 'Porsche Cup' type thing!

As it stands now there are heaps of restrictions on what you can and can't modify in the cars, so it makes sense to spend $300k+ on a porsche and race it 'stock' rather than try the same in a GTR... that's why they're thinking on changing the format

NOTE: This is what I've heard... may not be correct, just thought I'd add my 2c :D