SAU Community

Clutch/gearbox Problems

rx313b

hi guys

just heard from my mechanic... he changed my master cylinder - slave clyinder or whatever its called for my gearbox as it was not goin into gear and was crunching when i tried to. he said it was a hydraulic problem and changing these would help. it hasnt, and said will do some adjusting to try fix it. it crunches and doesnt go into gear and now is saying its my clutch. im confused... ive seen many threads, my car before i took it into the mechanic wasnt selecting very easily, wioth me pretty much forcing it into gear but didnt crunch though mainly probelms in firsta nd reverse... and the other gears were kinda ok... but then the car shit itself and like the clutch or watever gave up cause it would crunch and wouldnt go into gear now...

wat do u think is the problem.. wat if i change the clutch and doesnt fix

if you drove with stuffed master or slave cylinder for a long time and crunched gears many times chances are you have stuffed your clutch too.

same happened to me... my slave cylinder was leaking fluid and my clutch went just couple of days after replacing the slave.

how about the gearbox... i dont wanna fix the clutch if it means my box is blwon lol

if you drove with stuffed master or slave cylinder for a long time and crunched gears many times chances are you have stuffed your clutch too.

same happened to me... my slave cylinder was leaking fluid and my clutch went just couple of days after replacing the slave.

from your first post i understand that your clutch already stopped working - does the clutch pedal feel so stiff you can barely push it in and when you try to select gear it crunches? if yes, u probably need a new clutch.

did your mechanic say your gearbox is blown? coz i dont see any reason why should the whole gearbox be blown. im pretty sure he can check out the gearbox before to see if anything is wrong there, but you'll probably need a new clutch either way... as i said before your clutch probably got stuffed cause the master cylinder didnt engage it properly and clutch was wearing out faster.